Equipment for dish access in a RV

My uncle joined the DISH RV side of the house with the America's Top 250 in his new Wally. How come the satellite local channels showed up too? He did not mention anything about about locals with the CSR.

I think the locals are automatically included in the packages unless you specifically opt out of them. Your uncle could easily drop them in his MyDish online account without the need of a CSR.

Reactions: JSheridan
I think the locals are automatically included in the packages unless you specifically opt out of them. Your uncle could easily drop them in his MyDish online account without the need of a CSR.
OK, maybe he won't be charged for them. There was no mention about the locals when we called and set up a new account. I am not sure if he has set up the MyDish on line account yet. I told him about it. When we were done had to call the DISH side of the the house to activate his EHD. CSR said no charge for that. We had an issue when we tried to install the OTA adapter so we are going to try it out again this week. When I installed it, it screwed up the second TV signal for some reason. His RV has the two Winegard switches and not sure if that had something to do with it. He is going to read up on the wiring schematic that came with the RV.

Attachments

• Headend Connections.jpeg
    Headend Connections.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Headend Connections-1.jpeg
    Headend Connections-1.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Headend Connections-2.jpg
    Headend Connections-2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 83
OK, thanks. I will see him this week and we will check his account.

Got my uncle's new DISH RV account all set up in mydish.com. Yep, you are right NYDutch, my uncle is paying for the locals. He is going to keep them for now. It's funny that the local pack wasn't even discussed when he got his new DISH account. The CSR just added them without telling us. He knows to call DISH at each destination location to change the local setup. How does he change the locals location with his smartphone? Is it in his mydish app someplace? Tomorrow we are going to try to get the OTA adapter to work, download the U484 software so he will have two tuners, and get his Winegard 4G LTE all set up. His Verizon Sim card is scheduled for delivery today. Another fun day.

If his account is eligible, yes, it's in the MyDish app under "Services", "Dish Outdoors", "Manage Local Channels".

The locals are a standard part of the Top 250 package not an add-on, but he can opt out of them if he decides to. Check the "Package Highlights" listings here.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts