Multi-room resume broken on HWS U 711.

Jasper70

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2016
Sequim,WA
We start recording a sporting event on the HWS in the family room while we watch another show live. We move to the kitchen to have dinner and we start watching the sporting event on a Joey while we eat. When we finish eating, we stop the sporting event playback on the Joey and move back to the family room to finish watching the event which is still recording.

In the past, if we pressed PLAY, we would get a pop up screen asking from which device we wanted to resume watching, the KITCHEN or the FAMILY ROOM. With U711 we no longer get that pop up. Pressing PLAY starts playback from the current point in the recording. Selecting RESUME from the pull down list for the show also starts playback fron the current point in the recording. In other words, LIVE. Have to start watching from the beginning and fast forward to wher we left off when we stopped playback in the kitchen.

Just another example of Dish’s lack of quality control in their software/regression testing when they put out a new release. It’s gettin’ old.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

We were having this same problem with our Hopper 3 after the newest software update. Based on HipKat’s recommendation, I did an “unplug everything” including Joey’s. We got the Hopper booted, then the Joey’s, and at least for now for newly recorded programs the pause / resume function is working again for us. It is still inconsistent for programs recorded before the reboot.
I agree, very frustrating.

Your mileage may vary....

Reactions: HipKat
Considering that this is happening before and after we experienced a 9 hour power outage, the ‘unplug everything’ option is probably not the answer.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)