Equipment / HD Fees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Robatown

Original poster
Jun 16, 2022
Allentown, PA
I have been a Directv customer since 1996...I have the XTRA package...and I have always had additional fees of $10 for HD and another $10 for DVR. Do new customers still have these fees because I can't seem to confirm this. Am I getting ripped off?

I still have "adv receiver HD $10" if your bill is too high just call them they offer promos all the time !

I have been a Directv customer since 1996...I have the XTRA package...and I have always had additional fees of $10 for HD and another $10 for DVR. Do new customers still have these fees because I can't seem to confirm this. Am I getting ripped off?
Newer customers do not have a $10 HD fee, $10 DVR fee, or $3 MRV fee, they have a general "advanced receiver fee" that includes it all, but I am not sure how much that is. Mine is still in the 10-10-3 system, too, but I had a fee HD for life promo when I signed up and it is still honored so the $10 HD fee is dropped. That was a long time ago.

Newer customers do not have a $10 HD fee, $10 DVR fee, or $3 MRV fee, they have a general "advanced receiver fee" that includes it all, but I am not sure how much that is. Mine is still in the 10-10-3 system, too, but I had a fee HD for life promo when I signed up and it is still honored so the $10 HD fee is dropped. That was a long time ago.

IIRC new customers have a $15 advanced receiver fee, but don't get the first receiver free so pay $8 that other customers don't. Which means they are paying basically the same exact $23 as the 10-10-3 crowd is.

Thank you for the break down. I knew it was the same at the end of the day, but I didn't know how it all played out. I have $13 for receiver fees and free first TV, as long as I stay above whatever the middle package is now. I still have Xtra or the one like it that is not available anymore. If I go to a lower package and lose the deal, I will end up paying a little more for fewer channels, so I will stay where I am. All the major sports channels work.

Thank you for the break down. I knew it was the same at the end of the day, but I didn't know how it all played out. I have $13 for receiver fees and free first TV, as long as I stay above whatever the middle package is now. I still have Xtra or the one like it that is not available anymore. If I go to a lower package and lose the deal, I will end up paying a little more for fewer channels, so I will stay where I am. All the major sports channels work.
I have Extra as well...can I ask what you pay for that package?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts