Equipment Help Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sjswing

Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
My Wife and I are going to be going through dish network for satelitte. We have been looking at Sat. receivers on Ebay and are noticing some come with a smartcard and some do not. Is there a reason to have one with a smart card? Is there anything I should be worried about such as Card Rom and Div #? What kind of dish should we go with? I have noticed several different kinds. We are just looking for the basic setup....We don't need anything special for HD or DVR. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Papa. are there any advantages to having a newer then a older system? The revision on the cards, is that something also to be worried about? THanks

Why not go directly through Dish for your equipment ? It will be the lowest-cost up-front option. If you prefer to own your equipment (if you go through Dish, you'll be leasing), go to a local retailer who will sell you hardware (expect to pay a couple hundred dollars) plus will charge you for installation. A "basic" setup for (2) TVs will cost about $100/ea for (2) separate recievers or ~$140 for a dual-tuner receiver. The dish itself will be under $100.

Get the receiver and smartcard numbers (R00 and S00) before you bid or buy and call dish to make sure the receivers are not previously leased or have a balance owed on them. It is usually better as a new customer to just go through DISH or a retailer to get the install and new equipment.

I think everyone has answered the questions that I have....I greatly appreciate the help from everyone.....Just got done setting everything up through dish. Probably was cheaper going this way. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)