Equipment install question

hellcat224

May 12, 2009
Lincoln, NE
Longtime lurker, first time poster here. First I will explain my set-up, then ask the questions. Sorry for the length, but want to try to be clear the first time at it.

Current setup:
Vip622
Vip211
Vip211k

Dish 1000
DP twin for 110 and 119
DP Dual for 129
3 lines from the Dish to the DP34 switch

I only have one cable per outlet inside the house. The cables are run to one spot to exit the house. I do not wish to run extra cables inside or outside. The 622 is set up for 2 TV. This was accomplished by using 2 cable outlets in the basment where the 622 is located and using the one cable outlet for where the TV2 is located. Of course diplexors were used to accomplish this as well.

My teenager is taking up my DVR space and one of the tuners from the 622. It's time for a change as I want my 622 back. Adding a another tuner takes me over the arcane 4 tuner limit from Dish, so I have purchased a VIP612 (not from Dish) for the teenager to in effect replace the TV2 setup.

I have tried to research this as much as I can, but I am looking for suggestions. Since, I don't want to run extra cables, it looks to me like adding another DP34 switch is out as I have read that separators will not work with them. Are my only options a DPP44 switch? Will that work with the DP twin and DP dual or would I also need to replace the DP twin with a DPP twin (this is what Dish told me but I have read that combo has problems)? Anything I am missing or not thinking of?

Thanks for any input.

Changing out for the DPP44 switch will let you have four receivers total, you use one line each to each receiver and a DPP Separator to feed both tuners for the 622 and the 612. You should be able to have one of the lines for one of the two inputs of the 622 and use the rf line to your teenager's room and using a DPP Separator to feed both tuners of the 612.

One extra note to what Gary said, you'll need to use a dp separator on the 622 as well. He is correct, a dpp44 switch is your only option. Check Ebay, you should be able to find one for a good price. if not I might have a good used one I can sell you for $75 plus shipping.

Thanks for the responses. Anyone know about my second question? Will the DPP44 work with my DP twin and DP Dual or do I have replace those as well?

I'm thinking by trying to understand as best as I can, that you will need a DPP twin, since it will require that one line coming from the 129 LNB to feed into the input of the 110,119 LNB or the DPP Twin then run to the switch and run out to all the other receivers.

Thanks again. In the current setup all 3 lines (2 from the twin- 110+119, and 1 from the dual- 129) already come down separately and into the DP34, so hopefully I am good with just the DPP44.

Thanks again. In the current setup all 3 lines (2 from the twin- 110+119, and 1 from the dual- 129) already come down separately and into the DP34, so hopefully I am good with just the DPP44.
if your just looking for a fourth output, you will be fine but be sure and hook up the power inserter inline with output 1 on the switch;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)