Equipment Supplier Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WillyV

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2013
Mid Atlantic
Anyone out there ever dealt with Satelliteav.com? I'm brand new at all this fta tv stuff and am on the verge of buying a basic system. I just spoke to a very pleasant gentleman on their "sales" line and was impressed with his sincerity and knowledge. They even provide some tech. assistance etc. Bottom line was that a Geosatpro 90cm dish, geosat promicro HD receiver, standard SL1 PLL LNBF and a complete installation kit could be had for $199.00. Know its not a rock bottom price but if his sincerity was any indication as to how the business is run, I'd consider dealing with them. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Nope never heard of them!

199$ for a 90cm Geosatpro dish, MicroHD receiver and Sp1LPP lnb for 199$ is a pretty good price IMO.
As far as am concerned, its all first class equipement.

Anyone out there ever dealt with Satelliteav.com? I'm brand new at all this fta tv stuff and am on the verge of buying a basic system. I just spoke to a very pleasant gentleman on their "sales" line and was impressed with his sincerity and knowledge. They even provide some tech. assistance etc. Bottom line was that a Geosatpro 90cm dish, geosat promicro HD receiver, standard SL1 PLL LNBF and a complete installation kit could be had for $199.00. Know its not a rock bottom price but if his sincerity was any indication as to how the business is run, I'd consider dealing with them. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEOSATpro-m...US_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item1c304e40e7

Free shipping, same company.

I have a GeosatPro MicroHD and we love it. My only criticism is that our new Toshiba TV's remote interferes with the MicroHD operation if the MicroHD catches the TV remote's signal. Also have a GeosatPro 90cm Ku dish, and it is the best Ku dish I own.

SatelliteAv is a first class outfit to deal with.

Howdy HWM,

That's good to hear. I was sort of impressed with the Geosatpro, the first time I saw it. Particularly liked the supports for the LNBF as well as the heavy duty construction. I'm hoping that my basic hook-up (don't think I'll include a motor since I'm just going to initially use 97W) will be reletivly easy. How'd your initiall set up go? Was the dish bracket support all it was cracked up to be? The info indicated it could be used for either a wall (which is what mine will be) or roof scenario.

By the way, what input did you use on your TV?

Did your dish and receiver purchase include instructions? If so, how were they? I appreciate your feedback.

Howdy HWM,

That's good to hear. I was sort of impressed with the Geosatpro, the first time I saw it. Particularly liked the supports for the LNBF as well as the heavy duty construction. I'm hoping that my basic hook-up (don't think I'll include a motor since I'm just going to initially use 97W) will be reletivly easy. How'd your initiall set up go? Was the dish bracket support all it was cracked up to be? The info indicated it could be used for either a wall (which is what mine will be) or roof scenario.

By the way, what input did you use on your TV?

Did your dish and receiver purchase include instructions? If so, how were they? I appreciate your feedback.

I installed my 90cm GeosatPro dish on a pipe set into the ground in concrete. The J-arm dish mount that was included is very sturdy, and you should not have any problems using it as a wall mount. Just be sure to use the two extra side support arms. It is a large and heavy (for Ku band) dish.

I use the HDMI input on my 50" Toshiba LCD LED HDTV with the MicroHD. It has great picture quality, the TV and the MicroHD. 1080p is incredible, 720p is great, and regular 480i standard definition is good. Not many HD channels on 97w though. Try 125w Ku for PBS HD.

The dish came with clear instructions for assembly. The receiver includes an excellent user instruction manual, written in real American English. The MicroHD firmware is programmed in America for true FTA use, and it can be updated when new versions are released, either by downloading it from the Internet to a USB stick and then to the receiver via it's USB port, or downloaded directly from 97w Ku satellite to the receiver.

The DVR function to an external USB drive on the MicroHD is easy to use. The MicroHD is by far the most user-friendly and trouble-free FTA satellite receiver I have used.

Having said all that, FTA dish aiming and system setup is not easy at first, but if you have basic mechanical skills and tools, and are willing to study and learn, you should be able to do it. Its like most other technical skills. Read the manual, do careful work, and you will be successful.

Hwm,

This is good news! Thanks for your detailed response. I think I can do this. Since I would only be using 97W, the set up should be much easier, right?

Basically, affix the mounting plate with support arms to a plumb wall, attach the J-arm dish mount to the mounting plate as per instructions, attach the dish as per instructions / compass bearing, adjust dish (azimuth, elevation etc.), attach LNS, lock on to sat via sat locator meter, check LNB skew, connect RG6 cable to receiver, confirm sat connectivity with receiver, make final adjustments etc.

Do you use a motor? How much more difficult is this approach?

By the way, can additional LNBs be added to this dish down the road? Thanks again for your response.

Even if you start with a fixed dish on 97W, which is a good idea, keep in mind you will probably want to install a motor someday. Think about the access your planned dish location will have to rest of satellite arc. Anybody who likes Discovery and History channels will eventually want PBS, I bet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.