Equity changes --- CBS

Status
Please reply by conversation.
THANKS for the heads up! I will have to check it out. I don't think Clinton, IA has any local tv affiliates though.

It may be Quad Cities. I had to interupt someone's regularly scheduled programming in this one sat receiver household to come up with some quick info.

Apparently the Ithaca Univision signal went dark yesterday afternoon, I suspect it's been moved, hopefully someone will chart the changes.

What is currently there now (having just caught the station ID), is WHBF-DT2 in Rock Island, IL. While WHBF (channel 4 and 4.1) are CBS, this is 4.2, which is RTN (11720, pids: V:35 a:34 pcr:34)

Also new is KLKN-DT2 in Lincoln NE. Similar to the above, KLKN (channel 8 and 8.1) are ABC, and 8.2 is RTN (11720, pids: v:60 a:59 pcr:59).

What is currently there now (having just caught the station ID), is WHBF-DT2 in Rock Island, IL. While WHBF (channel 4 and 4.1) are CBS, this is 4.2, which is RTN (11720, pids: V:35 a:34 pcr:34)

Thanks for the info. There was a CBS ID on screen this morning, but I didn't have time to watch for more than a few seconds.

the rescan will just show the new names...pids the same

so the other was KUTH which was always black screen :)

looks like dec 1 they launched on both

On Monday December 1, 2008, KLKN launched an affiliation with Retro Television Network on its DT2 subchannel, alongside sister stations WOI-TV in Des Moines and WHBF-TV in the Quad Cities.

Larry are you too far away from Ames to get WOI right?

I "might" be able to get it with enough height, a large antenna and a rotor :) My father-in law lives about 6 miles to the west of me and he can get the Des Moines digital stations :)

the rescan will just show the new names...pids the same

so the other was KUTH which was always black screen :)

looks like dec 1 they launched on both

On Monday December 1, 2008, KLKN launched an affiliation with Retro Television Network on its DT2 subchannel, alongside sister stations WOI-TV in Des Moines and WHBF-TV in the Quad Cities.

Larry are you too far away from Ames to get WOI right?

cool :)

I wish I could get more than just one DMA"s locals here in Minneapolis but everything is too far away :(

So is there a CBS affiliate on the Equity mux or not? I'm confused.:confused:

I still haven't had a chance to find out why there was a CBS logo on my screen. Maybe they're running some CBS news in the mornings? Can someone verify?

My original post was misleading, sorry!

So is there a CBS affiliate on the Equity mux or not? I'm confused.:confused:

no. Both are RTN channels....possibly there were commercials for a CBS as one of the RTN"s is a subchannel of the CBS in Quad Cities, IA/IL

just like when there are ABC commercials on WNGS (the ABC runs RTN WNGS)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)