Equity Channels moving?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
equity on galaxy 10r

I remember in the past that galaxy 10 R's ion propulsion system failed which sent the panamsat stockholders in a frenzy. The spacecraft did have a backup conventional pressurized propulsion system which in short just means the bird won't stay in service as long as it was designed for. I don't know when it was launched but most of the birds only fly for 10-15 years.

I hope equity sticks to KU band since the smaller dish is easier and cheaper to maintain and purchase. I fortunately have room for a c-band bud but I know that a lot of folks do not. It would be kind of hard to put an eight to ten foot dish on your balcony.

That would be a shame since that is one of my favorite sats, and my home owners assn, won't let me go to a BUD.. Believe me I wouldn't hesitate and have the land with which to do it.. Hmm.. Maybe it is time for a revolution...

homeowner's associations and bud's

You know I can appreciate what homeowner's associations do to preserve the appearance of a neighborhood. The area that I live in now has very few rules about what can and cannot be done on the properties of my community.

however, often times I feel that just like many "rule making bodies" they can go a little too far. In the case of a c-band dish I have seen installations that were not offensive "in my opinion" in their appearance. There are some upscale homes in a couple of subdivisions where several owners have 4dtv and their installs actually are very neat and tidy. They are using black metal mesh dishes and all the cables are cleanly buried in the lawn. I truely feel like that since the BUD's are a real alternative to cable that if the homeowner has a clear view of the southern sky and the installation is clean and neat, they should be allowed to have one.

I know that people who are not into our hobby do react in a strange way when they see something other than the little 18-20 " E* or D* dish.
I was amazed to discover how many average people think that one of the above choices are all there is in the way of satellite tv.

I guess we could say that the mini dish companies have done an exceptional job marketing and advertising while 4dtv has done very little in educating the public on their tv reception options. Of course now we are getting these flyers saying that *sdtv coming soon. (cable channels broadcast in digital over the air format using our local broadcasters' extra bandwidth). You know if this really took a good hold on the market who knows maybe some homeowner assn's would like to even ban the mini dish from the landscape.

I don't think it would ever happen since fcc law protects this, but I would have to say that the fcc should have protected the rights of the 4dtv people as well. :)

What truly is funny is what people think, as far as contolling others lives and how important it is for them.. As far as the FCC goes, well, perhaps time will fix that one as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)