Equity channels sold.....will leave satellite...now gone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
looks like Fox Montana may be gone in July...the wiki for the ABC in Great Falls has a tidbit about the Fox affiliate it picked up

KFBB-TV is a full-service television station in Great Falls, Montana, broadcasting locally on digital VHF channel 8 as an affiliate of ABC. Founded March 21, 1954, the station is owned by Max Media of Montana. KFBB-TV is repeated in the Helena area on KHBB-LD channel 21 (UHF), and on several translator stations. KHBB also offers Fox via its digital subchannel for Helena-area viewers (Fox programming in Great Falls was seen on KLMN until June 12, 2009 but will be on a KFBB subchannel sometime in July.[1])

and found a news article...also shows why its still on satellite...bold is the important stuff
People who watch Fox programs over the air in the Great Falls area can expect a "30-day lapse" in coverage, according to Linda Gray, president of Max Media in Missoula.

Over-the-air broadcasts of Fox programs, such as Major League Baseball games and "So You Think You Can Dance," are expected to be back on the air in Great Falls by July 13.

Meanwhile, Great Falls viewers who subscribe to the Bresnan cable service still will be able to watch Fox shows, thanks to a last-minute deal between Bresnan and station KLMN owner Equity Media Holdings, parent of Equity Broadcasting.

"There were a lot of sleepless nights as we worked this out," Shawn Beqaj, spokesman for Bresnan Communications, said Thursday. "We made sure that our customers would retain access to Fox."

KLMN-26 will stop broadcasting over the air today as the transition from analog to digital broadcasts takes place. KLMN's owner, Equity Media Holdings, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in December and would have needed a bankruptcy judge to approve additional spending for a transition from analog to digital broadcasting.

"They decided to cease broadcasting," Beqaj said. Three Fox stations in Montana, including Great Falls, were affected.

Max Media in April bought some of KLMN's equipment and other physical assets, but not the station itself, Gray said. She said Max Media arranged an affiliation with the Fox network in those locations; Fox shows will be broadcast by Max Media station KFBB, an ABC affiliate, on a secondary digital channel, KFBB-DT Channel 5.2. KFBB's main digital channel is 5.1.

Gray originally hoped to have over-the-air Fox broadcasts going in Great Falls by July 1, but she said that was too optimistic. Now it appears the start date will be July 13.
Today's digital upgrade will leave some in area without Fox for a while | greatfallstribune.com | Great Falls Tribune

what this means for the other 2 Fox Networks is anyone's guess but I have a feeling they will probably follow suit and become subchannels of ABC affiliates there

KTVC (Roseburg/Eugene Or) which was sold to a company that has a bunch of LP stations showing 3ABN has this on their website. Looks like they wanted the stations for a while...the scary part is in the bold
We have some GREAT news about the Roseburg full-power and the Eugene low-power television stations. The seller has accepted our offer to purchase the stations and is currently submitting to the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) a request for a transfer of ownership to Better Life Television and for the court to grant final approval. Both approvals are seen as just necessary formalities and should be met without any objection or delay. Due to this very positive development, it is all but certain that these stations will be ours for broadcasting.

Therefore with extreme confidence, we can announce that Better Life and 3ABN programming will soon be broadcasting into the counties of Benton, Coos, Douglas, and Lane; on the basic programming packages of all cable (like Charter and Comcast) and satellite providers DirecTV and Dish Network; and over-the-air broadcast in the Eugene and Springfield areas, with an additional signal in Roseburg.

Amazingly, the price of the two stations has gone from $2,700,000 two years ago, to $1,900,000 about six months ago, to the now bargain price of $975,000!
We have seen God’s hand in this process all the way.
KBLN Better Life Television, Bringing Hope Into Your Life, Christian Television
uh no you didn't. You got them at a fire sale...plain and simple

Iceberg,

Can't upgrade to C-band dish at my townhouse in a yucky HOA rule, but at least they allow my 2 dishs, Directv and FTA 90 CM Fortec dish.

I miss the good old days, with a 10 foot c-Band dish that my Dad used to have!!

It's was a TV DXer's dream.......:):hungry:

We just picked up a 10 foot c-Band dish for our lake house at Conchas Dam. Out there there is no OTA except for a weak signal from Tucumcari and a religious channel. The 10 footer was a freebie from one of the locals that switched to DirecTV. I have a spare Fortec Star receiver to bring out there next time we go. There is a 1 meter dish on an abandoned gas station I have my eye on too. That would make a great Ku dish for RTV on 83.0°W AMC 9. There are no rules and lots of room out there to plant a dish farm.:)

KWWF is gone (left last week) but a news clip about cable coverage there in Iowa

Independent station KWWF/22 (Waterloo) has gone silent after the digital transition. The silence is not unexpected since KWWF did not have a digital companion channel and owner Equity Media Holdings is in bankruptcy. KWWF was actually still available on cable systems for several days after the digital transition until Equity discontinued the KWWF satellite feed from its Arkansas headquarters. Valley Bank is in the process of buying KWWF, along with a low-power station in Denver and a full-power station in Cheyenne, WY.

Strange thing happen to me last night scan 123 and got the abc channel again in another number and my cw 650 now says found 36 ku galaxy3c at 95!

And got a telefura that has audio!

If some of these are just gone, why do so many of them come up "scrambled or bad channel" ...this stuff isn't scrambled, or is it that the receiver "thinks" they're scrambled because there's no video there? :confused:
(Doing a whole new blind scan of G18 right now on the Pansat 2500) :)

euro
I would remove all the channels from 11719 & 11799 transponders and just rescan those. Equity actually deleted the channels from 11719 that are no longer there.

There use to be 16 channels on there at one time on 11719 now its 9 or 10

I just deleted all the old ones on all the transponders,
and after this blind-scan, (on "fta only" setting) the channel count went from 50-something to about 16! :eek: Out of the ones left, 2 were showing WWE wrestling, one had South Park reruns and "MY31" had a "Cops" type show on. Still enough choices to keep the 1.0m pointed there for now. :) I'm still glad Retrojams hasn't disappeared yet. :up

Telefutura and the Univision channel that switched from DD to PCM recently , just yesterday they went back to DD. Therefore No audio for me on my CS 6000 on those 2 Channels.

euro
I would remove all the channels from 11719 & 11799 transponders and just rescan those. Equity actually deleted the channels from 11719 that are no longer there.

There use to be 16 channels on there at one time on 11719 now its 9 or 10

I'm curious why these transponders are being referred to as 11719 and 11799 above, instead of the more correct 11720 and 11800? I thought perhaps you were just repeating something someone else said, but I looked back a dozen posts, and didn't see any obvious reason. I then thought perhaps Lyngsat had them listed that way, but it doesn't.
Just curious. Obviously not enough difference for any of our hardware to see, but 11720 and 11800 are correct, and easier to remember.

I guess because each time I blind scan it locks on those two TP's frequencies :)

I should say 11720 & 11800 ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)