Equity channels sold.....will leave satellite...now gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Univision signed a new deal with Equity Media recently, I recall reading somewhere, hopefully they'll stay on G18 for a while. Glad to have Telefutura back, whatever it's long term "futura" is on G18.

Full-time PBS-HD from my 1 meter Channel Master will be nice. It's waiting for me two degrees to the west. Equity, it's been great! All good things must come to an end :( ...
You'll enjoy PBS-HD...the picture quality is awesome! I've had a 1.2m P* pointed there for a while now. As for my G18 dish (a 1.0 like yours),
Retrojams is still dark today, so the re-point to 105 is on, for this afternoon. (Although I may park it on 97 for a while first, haven't seen that bird in a while)...
Nothing left for me on G18, I have no use for the stuff that's there now.
Thanks, Equity and G18, it was cool while it lasted! :)

:eek: Is this new? I haven't heard of it before.

Yes, it launched some time in June. There's an emphasis on Filipino / Asian videos. Seems like the domestic / US videos are 1990's and newer.

I haven't seen them play oldies like retrojams did...

I would see Lyngsat's page on 97ºW for more info. It seems to be CAS but it is ITC.

Thanks, Guapoharry. I missed it the first time 'cause I smart scanned "FTA" and not "ALL" on my 9200. The "$" sign shows up, but the channel plays fine. :)

G-18 is getting very lean, almost time to repoint the dish. I can remember when I was all jazzed about getting a ku dish pointed there. After the Equity/Luken split in January it's been downhill ever since. :(

TVROPRO - You've just got to MOTORIZE your setup :) I move my dish back and forth across the sky all the time. From 30W to 129W..

I know, I have to modify the pipe to get enough height to clear my garage roof first. I could also strap a ku LNBF to my bud and scan that way. 12 feet of reflector should see something :D

I dont know nature of the music, but have you guys w/C band looked into Unleash the Music at 87W/3824H/SR 02480? I just saw it as I passed thru, I have no clue what genre it would fall in. I'm from before the 'music video' era. I listen to music. If I want to watch music, I go to a concert.
Well, I did 'watch' music back in the 70's when In Concert was running on Fridays at midnight, but have never really been a fan of music videos.

HMMM.....Guess they have to do something to attract todays youth.....
ENTIRELY to much screaming, hollering and headbanging for me to stay on the channel long enough to determine what it's supposed to be.

I dont know nature of the music, but have you guys w/C band looked into Unleash the Music at 87W/3824H/SR 02480? I just saw it as I passed thru, I have no clue what genre it would fall in. I'm from before the 'music video' era. I listen to music. If I want to watch music, I go to a concert.
Well, I did 'watch' music back in the 70's when In Concert was running on Fridays at midnight, but have never really been a fan of music videos.

Come on Mel! You know you watch that "Love Shack" video all the time, haha.

I like TVU. JCTV is OK but it's not really like TVU.
JCTV has a lot of other stuff besides music on it.

Come on Mel! You know you watch that "Love Shack" video all the time, haha.
No, I have not come accross that so far, but if it's a decent rendition, I could prolly live with that one. I'm not sure the B52s intended it to be Christian genre....lol
According to Ted, I've been "too old" for quite a while, and he's got a few years on me! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
KWWF is gone (left last week) but a news clip about cable coverage there in Iowa

Two new channels have been added to the INN/Unemployment/@Sports TV mux on AMC 3 (4159 H 13022). One is KWWF and the other is KTRG. Both were showing @Sports TV programming when I tuned in but they each have separate pids.

yep noticed that on Sunday when I was working withe big dish

The INN channel is based in Davenport and KWWF was bought by an Iowan bank so it makes sense...wonder if its back on cable?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts