Equity channels sold.....will leave satellite...now gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
am getting anxious am gonna try out right now a'l try 12084 at (SR 1562
and 12081 H 1565 2/3, is 12084 vertical or horizontal?

Watusi: At 12080 and 12084 you have a better shot (SR 1562), at 12088 sometimes they have the feed up, but it's a little tricky to get that channel even here (i am a mere 1.5 hrs from Tijuana), but once it comes in it does so with a 90% Q, the thing is this tp takes up to 10seconds to give signal.

M.

all channels on 11800 TP except for Daystar is now a black screen (was the slate screen with call sign)

am getting anxious am gonna try out right now a'l try 12084 at (SR 1562
and 12081 H 1565 2/3, is 12084 vertical or horizontal?

Horizontal, you need a lot of patience since it's a signal pretty difficult to get, mostly beause you need to wait a good 5-10 seconds for it to kick in, still there's days their signal it's weaker than normal and it's a pain to get it.

Also what you could try is that Telemundo at 79ºW, it's in spanish and also has 'telenovelas'.

Good luck!

M.

Yes thank you, a'l offer the option to my mother i had previously seen telemundo in a ftalist.com. i haven't gone out yet to try 116.8w as the wife has decided were having a cook out.

Horizontal, you need a lot of patience since it's a signal pretty difficult to get, mostly beause you need to wait a good 5-10 seconds for it to kick in, still there's days their signal it's weaker than normal and it's a pain to get it.

Also what you could try is that Telemundo at 79ºW, it's in spanish and also has 'telenovelas'.

Good luck!

M.

At this time there are no signals on all former Equity transponders. Both transponders on Galaxy 18 ku and the transponder on Galaxy 3C are now empty.

11720 is dead....went kaput today

11800 is still there but low...wouldn't ya know it. Thunderstorms in Little Rock right now ;)

G3C channels are now 0 quality

locked the Univision/CBS stuff at 4166 V but no Equity stuff...was there today

Now I can see the 11800 signal on the BLSA, but it's too weak for me to lock it. Still nothing on Galaxy 3C.

I am one of many crying over Univision. That was the most watched channel in our home. Too bad I don't have C band.
I have thought about getting a C band dish, maybe one like they use at the gas stations, or grocery stores, and have it as a fixed dish. Don't know if they would be big enough to get the sats that carry Univision. Maybe Iceberg would know. I am half an hour south of Winnipeg.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I think a 4 footer would work for the Univision on G17 (91W)

I dont know about the ones on G3C...they log as 75 quality here on the 6 footer in Minneapolis

question

So what are the chances that another network or networks get on 123 since they have this satellite with hardly any channels on it making it possible for someone else to get on it? Just a question to see what you guys think of the possibility.

honestly I think slim

Equity was very unique in their setup. They bought a lot of low powered stations and centralized everything. 95% of these stations had no presence at the site other than the tower. Everything else was run in Little Rock Arkansas.

Most of these stations were low powered. I use my "local" station WUMN Univision. Its on Channel 13 and when Equity took it over 4 years ago it was at a whopping 110 watts. Now they're throwing a mind boggling :rolleyes: 1250 watts for the station. So the only way to get cable carriage is to have a satellite presence. In WUMN's case the reason they were at low power was due to short spacing. There is a channel 13 in Eau Claire, WI and this was obviously during the analog days.

They ran on a shoestring. I remember a couple times Gary (GAS...he use to work at Equity and now is at Luken that has RTV) asked us if someone was in ______________ (one of thier towns where they had a tower) and had a FTA receiver because theirs went out. Most companies use commercial receivers, not consumer units :)

The main reason they were on satellite was due to the centralizing of everything. Most companies just don't do that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)