Equivalent Direct TV price?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

allargon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
No, I'm not starting a Dish vs. Direct thread or any crap like that.

I just want to know approximately what will this cost me on Direct as my Dish contract is expiring.

Currently I have a 622 (one HD and one SD display attached) DVR, a 211 receiver (one HD display) and a 625 DVR (one SD display attached -- I run it in single mode).

My current Dish package is AT250 w/ locals, 3 premiums and the platinum HD package.

AT250 w/ Locals -- $59.99
GoldHD w/ platinumHD -- $20
3 Premium Package -- $31
Additional Receiver access fee -- $7
DHA Leased Receiver -- $5
Programming Access Fee (I will run a phone line for my 625 later) -- $5
Dish Network DVR Service Fee (I need to do the DVR advantage) -- $11.96
taxes -- $9

So my bill comes out to roughly $148.95

My 3 premiums are HBO, Cinemax and Showtime (Encore and TMC are included w/ AT250)

What would the equivalent on Direct cost per month. My gut tells me it will be the same. I also need I guess the HR20 or the expansion pack as I prefer to get my locals OTA.

A comparable package would be
Plus HD/DVR for 69.99
HBO/SHOWTIME/starz are free for 3 months right now (normal price would be $14/$11/$10 after that)
HD Extra Package for 4.99
2 leased fee for a total of 9.98 (for One HD/DVR, one HD receiver, and one standard DVR)

No DVR fee, No HD fee (included in package)

Your total would be $119.96. Of course with discounts the first few months would be cheaper. (per the D* website, with discounts your first bill is $69.96)

At this price, I would go with premier. Not much more, and you get everything

Edit: The D* website says at checkout that there is a $23 monthly discount for 12 months when you sign up online.

Thanks for the info. It will likely be something like 2 HD DVR's and 1 SD receiver or DVR when I actually configure it.

Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)