Error 771 on H24 Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I am trying to hookup 2 H24 receivers in an office building that has DirecTV. The other receivers that currently work without a problem are HR24. The H24 receivers have been activated and refreshed. I have no idea why they would not see the satellite signal. I have swapped out the cables from the HR24 receiver and plugged them in to the H24 and I get a error 771 searching for satellite signal. What would cause this? From my understanding is the receivers get the same signal. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many HR24s are connected already? Is there a multiswitch or a swm lnb? If you have a multiswitch, unplug everything, then power the multiswitch, then the boxes. That will reset everything.

Currently I have 6 HR24 connected. I have 2 H24 receivers which I want to connect. Both have the same error 771. Everything is connected to a SWM-32 box.

When you say the H24s have already been activated and refreshed, did you do that or did someone else? If they worked for activation then obviously the hardware must be good. When you 'swapped out cables from the HR24' do you mean you unplugged the HR24 and connected the H24 in its place and still see 771? Go into the signal strength screen and see if you see good signal on 101, 99ca, 99cb, 103ca, 103cb.

The HR24 receivers were activated on our account. One is older and one was shipped to me this week. By swapping the cables I meant that I put the H24 in place of the HR24.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)