Error 771 on tivo only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccchuck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
usa
I have a genie with 2 babies and a tivo, all on the same dish/switch. This morning I got a 771 error on the tivo only. The genie is operating fine. I checked the cable to the tivo, appears fine all the way to the switch. The tivo itself is responding to commands very slowly but does play. I did, of course, reboot the tivo.

recommendations, guesses, etc. ?

Can you post your signal levels on the tivo?

Move the Tivo where the genie is. See if the Tivo works there, if it does then there is a problem with the feed to the Tivo location, if it does not then the Tivo is defective.

Now it gets really odd, the tivo shut itself down, rebooted, came back up and everything works. I've been with directv since its initial test run in lower Mississippi and Louisiana and I "ain't seen this before".
i will report any further anomalies.
I appreciate those who tried to help.

My professional advice is remove the tivo from your system.. your house even, and set it on fire.. the replace it with another mini or hr24.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

"My professional advice is remove the tivo from your system..."
Don't be shy, say what you really think. I'm sorry, I don't confuse religion with DVR's :), I use both - each has its (to me) its strengths and weaknesses - I do wish directv had done a full fledged tivo, matching the cable units.

On the other hand, the wife said "no tivo, then no directv", as you can see she's a bit shy too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts