Error 775

Status
Please reply by conversation.

angelique10

Original poster
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
A Directv technician came out to my house a couple days ago to upgrade my receivers. The hardware I had before was a HR-24 HD-DVR and a H24-100. I kept the H24-100 active because I planned to install it at my folks cabin. When I attempted to install the receiver the signal gave me a 775 error message and could not recognize the signal from the satellite. I installed the receiver without a power insert since the technician accidentally took that with him when he left my house. I am not sure if that is the cause of the problem. Also, I am not aware of the satellite model, but I do know that their is one main cable coming down from the satellite to the a green labeled switch box and then from the other end of the switch box there are four outlets, one of which is the cable that runs to the living room. Any help on how I can solve the problem or what might be causing it?

Well, not having a power inserter would cause that error... Did the receiver work after the tech left?
Is this at your home or at your folks' cabin? If its at the cabin, then it could just be the satellite settings (in the receiver menus)... give us a little more info please.

Well you did not mention have a SWiM, so that eliminates the usual cause of 775 which is a bad SWiM or overloaded leg of the SWiM. You also failed to mention what the upgraded receivers are ,which is a lot more relevant to solving the issue ,than what you used to have. In any case if they just came then you need to call CS back and have them come fix the problem .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)