Error Code: 04 (Possible DIRT assistance needed?)

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
So I've got 4 shows on my DVR that will not play. I also tried to play "How I met your mother" and it played for 2 seconds, then went to live TV. Wouldn't even let me play it afterwords, so I tried "Workoholics". Well, that played HIMYM for some reason.

I've read that a code 04 is corrupt programming. I've tried a reset / unplug of the receiver and stuff is still unplayable. The question I've got is should I just delete the programming and be annoyed? Or does this mean the HDD is going out on my 922 already? The reason I got the 922 is because my 722k died too. Everything is stored on a completely open audio tower, and it has 10+ inches on all sides of it.

(As I was typing this, HIMYM just finished. Deleted it, and tried to watch Workoholics again, and now it gave me the red code 04 error now too)

HELP! Out of 11 recorded programs, 4 of them are corrupt.

Sorry for the double post, but I felt this might apply over here as well (rather than a strictly 922 issue)

So I've got 4 shows on my DVR that will not play. I also tried to play "How I met your mother" and it played for 2 seconds, then went to live TV. Wouldn't even let me play it afterwords, so I tried "Workoholics". Well, that played HIMYM for some reason.

I've read that a code 04 is corrupt programming. I've tried a reset / unplug of the receiver and stuff is still unplayable. The question I've got is should I just delete the programming and be annoyed? Or does this mean the HDD is going out on my 922 already? The reason I got the 922 is because my 722k died too. Everything is stored on a completely open audio tower, and it has 10+ inches on all sides of it.

(As I was typing this, HIMYM just finished. Deleted it, and tried to watch Workoholics again, and now it gave me the red code 04 error now too)

HELP! Out of 11 recorded programs, 4 of them are corrupt.

Hi, I am sorry you are having an issue with the 922 and I will be happy to help. Can you please PM me directly and is the 04 error message on your receiver itself? Thank you!

Threads merged. No crossposting please!

:eek: I'm working with Mary currently. Won't happen again :D
No problem! Good luck with your problem!

I wonder why you are having these issues. Is your power stable?

Should be. I'm actully using a line conditioner as well since I've got some pretty high end HT equipment that I run. Better safe then sorry I figure. I work in IT, so it's no surprise to me if/when a HDD would die. Just annoying nonetheless. Especially since my PC just died about 3 weeks ago. Luckily for me I was able to snag 2 HDD's for a raid setup @ $50 apiece. Now with the shortage, they are going for $150 (limit 1) on the egg.

We've had a 922 for 2 weeks or so now and just today I got the Error Code: 04 on literally every recording (about 20). I had about a dozen 04's since getting the box, but today everything screwed up. Bad box? I tried to go to Dishchat, but the site's down too right now. Can't log in.

Please unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds to have the receiver reboot. Let me know if you continue to have issues with your recordings. Thanks.

We've had a 922 for 2 weeks or so now and just today I got the Error Code: 04 on literally every recording (about 20). I had about a dozen 04's since getting the box, but today everything screwed up. Bad box? I tried to go to Dishchat, but the site's down too right now. Can't log in.

Last edited:

If the unplug/replug doesn't work, and you must replace the receiver, you might consider moving to the Hopper, as the ViP922 is an orphaned product.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)