Error code 775

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OLDAGWHO

Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
Tyler, Texas
Ok....every football season I have taken the DTV box that's connected to the tv in the garage to my RV.
I use it for the TV that's in the outside bay where we watch games while tailgating. I have auto find satellite dish. The TV in the RV living area has a separate DTV box. I recently had DTV come out a they changed/ upgraded all of my home boxes, so the box in the garage is new and different from the one I had previously been connecting at the RV. As always I took the cable from the satellite in the bay and put it in the cable in connection, and plugged power cable into box, there's has never been a SWM switch used with this setup and I don't have one In my garage. I turned on the DTV box and the TV.....and get error code 775.
I look up the code and follow instructions, disconnecting and reconnecting cable. Again no SWM switch involved. The TV in the RV living room is on and working correctly with the satellite.
Thinking through the issue I open the door on the DAtV box and did a reset, no help.
Next I go to menu and select satellite, it says pick type of dish, you know all of the options I'm sure like 3 LNB round 18" or 5 LNB or Slimline (which mentions SWM). There are about 18 choices! Ok! I try every one of them so the DTV box is is looking for the satellite with the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. Only to get message satellite not found!
Can someone please help me with this issue? Why one DTV box inside sees Satellite and new DTV box outside does not?

Ok....every football season I have taken the DTV box that's connected to the tv in the garage to my RV.
I use it for the TV that's in the outside bay where we watch games while tailgating. I have auto find satellite dish. The TV in the RV living area has a separate DTV box. I recently had DTV come out a they changed/ upgraded all of my home boxes, so the box in the garage is new and different from the one I had previously been connecting at the RV. As always I took the cable from the satellite in the bay and put it in the cable in connection, and plugged power cable into box, there's has never been a SWM switch used with this setup and I don't have one In my garage. I turned on the DTV box and the TV.....and get error code 775.
I look up the code and follow instructions, disconnecting and reconnecting cable. Again no SWM switch involved. The TV in the RV living room is on and working correctly with the satellite.
Thinking through the issue I open the door on the DAtV box and did a reset, no help.
Next I go to menu and select satellite, it says pick type of dish, you know all of the options I'm sure like 3 LNB round 18" or 5 LNB or Slimline (which mentions SWM). There are about 18 choices! Ok! I try every one of them so the DTV box is is looking for the satellite with the progress bar at the bottom of the screen. Only to get message satellite not found!
Can someone please help me with this issue? Why one DTV box inside sees Satellite and new DTV box outside does not?
The New boxes and set up at your house is a SWM set up and the one at the RV is not would be the best guess.
The 775 error code is meaning that the recvr doesn't see the LNB (something close to that) anyways, with the SWM set up you need the 21 or 29v Power Insertor to supply voltage to the LNB, with the old set up you didn't, it came from the recvr.
IF your using a SWM box (Genie) at the RV you'll need the Power Insertor and the correct SWM LNB.

What recvrs are where in these set ups ?
Your best option is to have a Non SWM dish at the RV so you won't have to keep changing set ups.

If your taking a SWM activated recvr to the RV without the other equipment, you'll have to reset the box each time and its usually a pain to go backwards, it can be done usually, but it's not as easy as it should be.

Regarding the non SMW dish you say I need, my dish is built into the auto find dome. I assume that it is one because the inside DTV box is the older type that I assume supplies the power, necessary voltage to the LNB.
So if I get a SMW for the new box then it will supply voltage....but will that effect the LNB by throwing current that route and cause the only working box to go out?
I would rather reset the new box some way. I don't mind if it's difficult if I could get instructions on how to do it.
Any advice on that?
Thanks for helping

Regarding the non SMW dish you say I need, my dish is built into the auto find dome. I assume that it is one because the inside DTV box is the older type that I assume supplies the power, necessary voltage to the LNB.
So if I get a SMW for the new box then it will supply voltage....but will that effect the LNB by throwing current that route and cause the only working box to go out?
I would rather reset the new box some way. I don't mind if it's difficult if I could get instructions on how to do it.
Any advice on that?
Thanks for helping
How old is the dish on the MH ?
I think your right, it's probably not the newer ones that do SWM, but it might be, if it's not, then Yes, I would use a recvr that is Not on a SWM, Thta should work and the dish should pick up the signal correctly like it should.

Do you have a spr recvr from home that can be designated for the MH ?

AFAIK, the expensive auto tracking HD dish for DirecTV is like, $1400 before install. so im pretty sure you'd know if you had the HD one. a list of current receiver models, and the ones you previously used might be helpful to know.,

AFAIK, the expensive auto tracking HD dish for DirecTV is like, $1400 before install. so im pretty sure you'd know if you had the HD one. a list of current receiver models, and the ones you previously used might be helpful to know.,
Good point, I forgot that, THAT is the Only HD one they currently have that is automatic.

Without knowing which box the TS is using, is hard to advise. For all we know it could be an H25 which only works on SWM.....

Thanks guys for your advise. I've got about a 6 year old Wingard system.
I bought another receiver (old style D12) like I had used.
I'll just use the card from the new receiver.

More than likely, you'll have to call in to activate it and they will probably send you a new card too.

Card from the new receiver won't work. You will need a new card from DirecTV for the D12.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)