Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Have a question?
Does anyone know where the Escapes channel is located now? I used to watch on my FTA, but they left. I think they switched to a paid channel somewhere. Anyway, just curious. That was a nice quite channel to watch when you wanted to relax! Thanks:).

Hockeynut said:
It is still up there on Sat.
Galaxy 16 3785 H 4850 Is locked down tight in BISS tho.:(

I've heard a few rumors that at some point this year you will be able to subscribe to the Galaxy 16 feed. :)

I went to there website and sent them a small note asking how to acquire their program. I know their site said their signal is locked private, even that we know that by now. When I receive a reply, I'll post here.

I'm interested in this too and would consider a sub if made available.

My internet isn't great so Roku is out for me :(

Well, it's been more than a few days now. I have not heard from their site. Well, I tried. If I do hear of anything, I'll post here!

Tank said:
where on roku? I don't see it listed as a channel option

It's not unless I missed something sorry :)

I also couldn't locate the channel. However, it seems that the A&E Network is getting into the Roku experiment. They are cautiously putting up very sparse amounts of full-episodes up in three new free Roku channels: Lifetime, A&E, and the History Channel. Very interesting.

Today, I got the e-mail noted below. Thought it would be as easy to copy into this note:

Good Morning Gary,

Please forgive the tardiness of my note. Fortunately for us, we receive a lot of comments, notes & emails. Unfortunately, since I like to respond personally, it may take me a while to get to them all.

We really appreciate your interest in eScapes and the time you took to write to us.

We will gladly forward your request to Dish Network. If you haven't already done so, we would appreciate if you contacted them as well. It's nice if they hear it from us, it's even better if they hear it right from their own subscribers. We hope to be on in the Plymouth area soon.

May I ask how you heard about us?

Thank you very much for your support, and have a great weekend!

Jon Oswald
General Manager
25 S. Monroe St., Suite 200
Monroe, MI 48161
734.241.4410 Office
248.545.5972 Mobile
See eScapes at http://escapesnetwork.com/

Just received this e-mail also!

Hi Gary,

I just finished responding to your other message, and then I saw this one. Yes, you're right, we were FTA, but we signed an agreement with the NCTC that required us to encrypt our signal. We're doing our best to get carriage with as many systems as possible, Dish Network being one of them. It's been a tough battle. We will do our best to get into the Dish Network lineup as soon as we can.

Thanks so much for your support.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Jon

I wrote to them a week ago and here is what I got back:
We really appreciate your interest in eScapes and the time you took to write to us. Yes, at one time we were an open signal, but we couldn't find a way to support ourselves that way. We're still under an agreement with the NCTC, and will probably stay that way unless we can come up with a way to make our content free-to-air, but still find a way to pay for our equipment, transmission, employees and other expenses. If you have any ideas, we'd love to hear them. I would like to be able to let the whole world see eScapes.
Thank you very much for your support and reaching out to us.

Have a great day.

Sincerely,

Jon Oswald

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)