eSCAPES will encrypt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TVHabit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Southwest Desert
When I installed my new microHD this week, I discovered eSCAPES on 99 w c-band. Unfortunately, received an email in response to a song request I submitted that come August 1st...the signal will be encrypted!
Another one bites the dust...

When I installed my new microHD this week, I discovered eSCAPES on 99 w c-band. Unfortunately, received an email in response to a song request I submitted that come August 1st...the signal will be encrypted!
Another one bites the dust...

rule #2 in this sport Do Not make contact with uplinker

eScapes is available in SD and HD for free via the Windows 8 Filmon channel available within the channel store.

There is also a free ROKU channel similar to eScapes.

Well it was nice having it for all this time ITC.. I did do alot of recordings of it and have it on an external portable HDD so that will be played whenever I wanna watch. I used to like it better when it had no music playback, like beach scenes with just the waves hitting the sand sound, to me it was so much better. Once it became with music and talk I knew someday it was gonna be encrypted.

Well lets see if indeed it does encrypt come August 1st.

Providing equipment for the company and confirmed earlier this week with their lead engineer that the encryption will occur on 8/1/2013. Sorry to see it leave FTA, but understand the business decision and distribution requirements.

Although I doubt TVHabit's call initiated the scrambling, its amazing how many people don't realize how unwise it is to make such a call. The uplinkers don't want to know (and aren't supposed to know) we're watching their satellite feeds.
Like all FTA feeds...nothing's permanent. Sorry to see eSCAPES go though.

Although I doubt TVHabit's call initiated the scrambling, its amazing how many people don't realize how unwise it is to make such a call. The uplinkers don't want to know (and aren't supposed to know) we're watching their satellite feeds.
Like all FTA feeds...nothing's permanent. Sorry to see eSCAPES go though.

Yeap totally agree on that.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

it just went scrambled at 11am local time . I was recording since last night and happen to be watching right now and bamm went encrypted.
Just rescanned the TP and now shows $HD

Oh well.. it was nice while it lasted. Did do a recording from 1230am til 11am so ruffly 10:30hrs which made a huge file at 43.4GB.
Now convert and Burn to Blank 25GB BDR for Storage and viewing pleasures. I will also make one on DVD9 see how it comes out as far as PQ :)

I don't even know what the point of that channel was.

Might as well call it the "Watch Paint Dry Network"

Hey, that's a great idea for a new cable network. Subscribe to the 'Watch Paint Dry' channel and get the 'Watch Grass Grow' channel half price. Oh, and the reduced bitrate on all channels to make room for those channels is free ;) ...

the Paint Dry and Grass Grow networks merged a couple years back and formed the Earth channel on DishNetwork ;)

I liked the sunsets segment.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.