ESPN 3D shutting down

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Part of the issue was other providers charged anywhere from $9 to $11 extra a month just for this one channel. I am guessing a lot of 3DTV's could get the service, but opted not to due to the cost of the channel.

Part of the issue was other providers charged anywhere from $9 to $11 extra a month just for this one channel. I am guessing a lot of 3DTV's could get the service, but opted not to due to the cost of the channel.

cost me $10 a month for this channel when i had brighthouse.

It's ESPN's own fault for not aggressively marketing this channel and putting new content on it. Perhaps the source Scott refrenced a year or two ago could have been part of the problem, If you do not think something is going to succeed, and put effort into it, it won't... as for the adoption, that's the tech writers that have always bashed 3D talking...
Give it a rest, there was one channel that was 3D. and 4 ESPN channels that were HD. The customers made their Choice. Why waste money on promoting something the Knew was dead!

One 3D channel gone from DTV is ok. We still have 3D PPV and 3net. :D

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It's ESPN's own fault for not aggressively marketing this channel and putting new content on it.
it's true if you buy all the equipment and don't use it duh..... not how to make $$
they should have had 1 or 2 new events a week then after a couple of years......... you gave it a shot.
it never got a fair shake with the effort they put forth why make a channel, they just need space/channel for a few events like the UFC or WWE does

Didn't know it was on in 3D, they don't even care enough to advertise it. That's one of the major flaws with the channel.

But there a reasons why it has failed in the past. Until ESPN it was a almost total lack of content as well as a delivery system. Now it's a just a lack of content and in this case a lack of commitment to the product. Every day more and more 3D TV's are sold so ESPN/Disney pulls the plug. Short sighted.

More and more 3d tvs are sold. You are correct. More and more 3d tvs are not used for watching 3d.
3d is a very inexpensive add on by tv manufactures. 3d networks are not nearly as inexpensive. :)

I know two people with 3D TVs who did not subscribe to it because it was $10 more on TWC. They came here instead...

Movies are what draws people to 3D. Every day viewing of shows on TV is of no use for 3D fans. For sports boxing and golf worked well but not football and basketball.

Gotta improve the product. It's as simple as that. The 3D experience must be stellar all the time every time. If you put a clunker out there that's all people will talk about. It's in our nature.

This sucks, I watch XGames on it a lot but 3net seems to have better 3D content. Maybe if ESPN3D had LIVE games in 3D it would have been more popular.

More and more 3d tvs are sold. You are correct. More and more 3d tvs are not used for watching 3d.
3d is a very inexpensive add on by tv manufactures. 3d networks are not nearly as inexpensive. :)

I still have not experienced "full" HD 3D on my TV, only DirecTV's stretched SBS 3D because I do not have a 3D BluRay player to play the four 3D BluRay's I have. I plan on getting Avatar and Tron Legacy 3D BluRay's when I get a 3D BluRay player.

Sorry for those that liked it but I always felt it was more of a gimmick than anything else.

Just when I am about to buy my first 3D HDTV, kind of sucks. I was looking forward to watching some college football in 3D this fall. Oh well, life goes on and I'll still have 3D blu-rays!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts