ESPN Gameplan & HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hamm3r

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not you'll see any games in HD if you purchase the NCAA football Gameplan.

Also, anyone know if there are any promotions to get it cheaper than than the $109 Earlybird offer. I've been longtime customer in goodstanding with 3 HD-DVR's, standard DVR, another HD-only reciever, HBO, NFL & SF and customer retention rep didn't budge.

Ironically, I had a Verizon FIOS rep knocking on the door while I was on the phone w/ Directv rep. I've got too much equipment investment and service committment (2 years) to be able to change service even if Verizon could compete with chanel and sports package lineups. Overall, I'm happy with DTV despite lack of robust HD package.

Thanks in advance for any scoop!

Hamm3r said:
Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not you'll see any games in HD if you purchase the NCAA football Gameplan.

Also, anyone know if there are any promotions to get it cheaper than than the $109 Earlybird offer. I've been longtime customer in goodstanding with 3 HD-DVR's, standard DVR, another HD-only reciever, HBO, NFL & SF and customer retention rep didn't budge.

Ironically, I had a Verizon FIOS rep knocking on the door while I was on the phone w/ Directv rep. I've got too much equipment investment and service committment (2 years) to be able to change service even if Verizon could compete with chanel and sports package lineups. Overall, I'm happy with DTV despite lack of robust HD package.

Thanks in advance for any scoop!
Not sure about any HD offerings, but I would not expect a cheaper deal than the
$ 109 since it is thier "EARLYBIRD" Special.

Jimbo

$10 increase nearly every year may only get worse with BIG10 launching their own channel etc. I cancelled gameplan this year, my team isn't shown enough and they freakin blacked them out last year playing an away game that wasn't part of gameplan! It was shown on FSNRM on Dish but not Direc.

Digital Dude said:
$10 increase nearly every year may only get worse with BIG10 launching their own channel etc. I cancelled gameplan this year, my team isn't shown enough and they freakin blacked them out last year playing an away game that wasn't part of gameplan! It was shown on FSNRM on Dish but not Direc.

Also you use to get every game available now there are still pay per view games you can not get unless you order them. No game plan this year but I might order it pay per view a few days.

If it wasn't for the NFL ticket I would probably be switching to Verizon FIOS. I have heard nothing but good things about FIOS. DTV needs to get on the ball. All these new satellites so they need to start producing the HD channels. Will see if they deliver like they said they would starting in the Fall. To be cont...

bases1616 said:
If it wasn't for the NFL ticket I would probably be switching to Verizon FIOS. I have heard nothing but good things about FIOS. DTV needs to get on the ball. All these new satellites so they need to start producing the HD channels. Will see if they deliver like they said they would starting in the Fall. To be cont...
Which fall ??
There are still 2 more sats to go up.
Can't really evaluate honestly till they are all up and working....
Then we will see.

I too cannot wait to see what Verizon FIOS has to offer, if it ever gets here.
I looked at the channel lineup briefly last week, but not closely enough to compare anything.

Jimbo

IIRC, the only games broadcast by ABC that were in HD were the bowl games and maybe a few prime time games. ESPN has a few games in HD but probably not part of the Gameplan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)