ESPN HD Issue

radiator65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Mississippi
I have 2 Hoppers and I have Latino Max. I have not had a problem until Monday night. Around 6 pm Monday I tuned to ESPN HD, I received error code 013 (channel not subscribed). I contacted Dish chat and after a few minutes with a CSR, I was transferred to a tech. We went few a few steps, but he could not find a problem. he said he would forward the issue to the engineering department and a software update would fix the issue. That didn't sound right so I contacted a DIRT member here. We went through several steps and he said I needed a tech to come out. In order to save $95 or the service plan, I replaced the LNB with an extra one I had in the garage and made sure all the connections were tight. I reset the hopper once again and ESPN HD appeared. Everything was fine until tonight, ESPN HD is once again showing as a "not subscribed" channel. I also noticed that there is a MLB game tonight. I called my dad who has a 722 and lives within a few miles of me and asked him if ESPN HD is working for him, it is. So my thought of it being a MLB blackout doesn't fit either. ESPN HD is the only channel that this is happening to. I have all of my other HD and SD channels including ESPN SD. Any ideas?

On all of those except 9606. But, the mirror down channels (ie: 9431 is red, but 105 is not.) All of the 9000 HD channels are red for me except 9606. They always are. I thought they were because I have Latino Max and not an English package.

Select 105 (HD), and press info twice. What satellite does it show that channel is coming off of? Although the 013 message typically means there is an authorization issue, there are times when it can also be signal related

I do still believe that this issue is signal related, and think it would be best to have a tech come out. I don't believe that replacing both Hoppers would make a difference

It just came back up. I am wondering if the MLB games tonight and Monday were blacked out in my area but the Hopper did not know how to properly say it was unavailable in my area? I never reset the receiver, but I was watching the SD feed of the game. When the game was over I pressed 140 again and there was ESPN HD...

It just came back up. I am wondering if the MLB games tonight and Monday were blacked out in my area but the Hopper did not know how to properly say it was unavailable in my area? I never reset the receiver, but I was watching the SD feed of the game. When the game was over I pressed 140 again and there was ESPN HD...

Strange... Thank you for the information! I'm glad it's working again, but please let me know if this problem happens again