Espn-hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.
footballfreak said:
Since ABC and Fox affiliate did not offer HD I guess they allowed me to get it. That is why I was supprised at CBS. Initially D did not offer Fox And ABC HD but did offer the standard def from NY and LA. When I told D I only wanted the two channels in HD and did not want to pay just to have them in SD they advised me to take it because of a new law. They said by taking the Fox and ABC NY affiliates I would able to get them in high DEF when it was available. To make a long story short, it was take it or leave it. Superbowl in HD was AWESOME. Also even though the locals are getting HD OTA the signal strength is terrible. NBC is poor when there are clouds in the sky.

By the way, I like your radio show and GO HERD & Mountaineers. It would be nice to see the HERD in HD?

Hope you didn't tune in tonight, I wasn't happy :) Well at least we've got the Mounties in HD on ESPN now and then. Doubt we get a Marshall HD game until ESPN spreads the love to the C-USA package.

I haven't had too much trouble with NBC or Fox. More problem with PAX and PBS (Not that they are passing HD).

Carolina vs. Virginia last night in SD. Not that I expexted a Virginia game to be broadcast in HD, but Carolina? That blue would have looked heavenly in HD. :yes

Technically, yes it did start at the YMCA. But it's generally accepted that college basketball roots go back to Phog Allen & Naismith at KS.

College Basketball really got big at UCLA though (Wooden Classic) :). Now everyone else is just trying to duplicate that kind of success.

scratchee_1 said:
Glad to see you come around EEjay :)

Ever been to a game at Allen Fieldhouse? NCAA hoops gets no better than the PHOG!!

Scratchee,

You are correct about Allen Fieldhouse being great for basketball. Just ask Iowa State. :D

It's nothing about coming around. I've always known where college basketball started. Even though they've been playing longer at Kansas, Kentucky still has quite a few more wins and national championships than Kansas. Do they get 24,000 people in Allen Fieldhouse?

Come on Scrathee, we (Richmond Spiders) came out to Allen Fieldhouse and beat you guys last year. We had no fear of the Phog. :D

EEJay - I had the unfortunate fortunate experience of witnessing a game at Rupp (UConn's loss to MSU in the sweet 16 in 95-96). Great venue. Just massive and LOUD. Can't imagine what a KU game is like there.

You mean a UK game? It depends on who they're playing. If the crowd expects a slaughter, they just come out to watch the show and don't think they really need to cheer & motivate. But you're right, when it's rocking, it's rocking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)