Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
Last edited by a moderator:

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
that's OUR money they spend
I agree. But their may be a bright side. NBC took away Nascar from the mouse. If NBC can also take away the NBA (along with TNT and/or FOX) as well, then ESPN can't really justify their ever increasing rates with the only exceptions being Monday Night Football and College Football.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
I agree. But their may be a bright side. NBC took away Nascar from the mouse. If NBC can also take away the NBA (along with TNT and/or FOX) as well, then ESPN can't really justify their ever increasing rates with the only exceptions being Monday Night Football and College Football.

...and MLB, and NBA, and the British Open, and Wimbledon, U.S. Open tennis, World Cup soccer, etc...

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity

no bright side to be seen
even your scenario we pay more and more and more and more to more places
the sports war goes on we are the victims

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama

Oh yeah, then NBC can justify increasing theirs! You guys are missing the point, they spent "more" to get it.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
So now we can expect to have to look for channels we've never associated with sports again to watch...

Channels like MSNBC and CNBC like when the Olympics are on.

OR, is this going to be on NBC and NBC Sports only ?

IF they stick NASCAR on these oddball channels, I can see the TV rating taking a MAJOR DIP.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
So now we can expect to have to look for channels we've never associated with sports again to watch...

Channels like MSNBC and CNBC like when the Olympics are on.

OR, is this going to be on NBC and NBC Sports only ?

IF they stick NASCAR on these oddball channels, I can see the TV rating taking a MAJOR DIP.

All the races will be on NBC or NBCSN

http://www.multichannel.com/technology/nbc-sports-group-lands-nascar-deal/144535

Through 2024, the NBC Sports Group deal covers the final 20 Sprint Cup Series races (seven of which will air on NBC and 13 on the NBC Sports Network) as well as the final 19 Nationwide Series events (four races on NBC and 15 on NBCSN). The season-ending Sprint Cup Series championship event will air on NBC, returning to network TV for the first time since 2009.

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
I just don't get it.Nascar isn't performing like the NFL,or even NCAA football for that matter.In my opinion NBC way overpaid for a declining product.Attendance is way down,ratings are way down,yet they pay $4 billion?To me it's an act of desperation by NBC to stay in the major sporting game.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)