Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Been watching the channel most of the afternoon, damn nice huh?? LOL
Sorry Dish Boys, I know you not happy right about now.. :D

Been watching the channel most of the afternoon, damn nice huh?? LOL
Sorry Dish Boys, I know you not happy right about now.. :D

Actually, us Dish Boys that don't watch ESPN-U are enjoying some of the other numerous HD channels that we have...:)

On to your avatar... From what I have read in the rumor mill, Delonte West wanted Lebron's Mama... And got her.

Anyhow, I'm just playing on the HD thing, but I really read that about West and Lebron's mom.

Dish had LOTS more HD than Directv!! LOTS!!

I'll take Smithsonian, MLB network, ESPNU, my full time HD RSN, PBS and 7 other locals in full HD anytime. Not to mention Sunday ticket, March madness, media share, multi-room viewing, Directv to pc and the list goes on. I just left Dish with 722 receivers so can say this knowing Dish is trailing on the bottom line of entertainment. Now with the HR24 receivers blazing speed, even faster than my 722's that really got sluggish if recording adds a explanation point to my decision.

As far as who has more here is the latest count according to Direct. I'm sure Dish has a list also but counting ppv's loaded on a slingbox receiver is a joke. Most Dish customers don't have the new reciever.
Both are counting PPV's and I disagree with that. Direct offers a lot more locals in HD, like I said I get 8 locals in HD. This is all dependent on what market your in. Dish has no plans of expanding HD locals over the big 4.

DIRECTV: DIRECTV vs DISH: HD Comparison

Last edited:
Yeah, I am pleased with ESPNU as well. With that addition, I really can not think of any other channels that I am really wanting. Of course every addition is good, but I am content.

That is really all that matters. If you get the channels that you want, who cares what the other offers?

Yeah, I am pleased with ESPNU as well. With that addition, I really can not think of any other channels that I am really wanting. Of course every addition is good, but I am content.

That is really all that matters. If you get the channels that you want, who cares what the other offers?

Exactly :up

We don't need 70 useless HD channels, give us the important ones and skip the fluff.

The Number of HD channels D* has vs someone else, doesn't matter to me.

If it's something I would watch, Great :up

I'm not saying don't get other channels that others may want, just saying everything I watch is in HD.

btw, Thanks for WGN HD,

and ESPNU HD when football season comes.

I'll take Smithsonian, MLB network, ESPNU, my full time HD RSN, PBS and 7 other locals in full HD anytime. Not to mention Sunday ticket, March madness, media share, multi-room viewing, Directv to pc and the list goes on. I just left Dish with 722 receivers so can say this knowing Dish is trailing on the bottom line of entertainment. Now with the HR24 receivers blazing speed, even faster than my 722's that really got sluggish if recording adds a explanation point to my decision.

As far as who has more here is the latest count according to Direct. I'm sure Dish has a list also but counting ppv's loaded on a slingbox receiver is a joke. Most Dish customers don't have the new reciever.
Both are counting PPV's and I disagree with that. Direct offers a lot more locals in HD, like I said I get 8 locals in HD. This is all dependent on what market your in. Dish has no plans of expanding HD locals over the big 4.

DIRECTV: DIRECTV vs DISH: HD Comparison

And now The Weather Channel. Since DISH pulled it.

Gotta say, the old TWC I use to get on the local cable comp. did the "locals on the 8's " much better than D* has, only thing I miss from the old Cable Comp.

Of course, it would be quite hard for a Nationwide company to do a Locals, as well as a local Cable Co.

Pulled what? It is on 214 ... weathercast is on 213. An agreement was made with Weather Channel.
which is one of the main reasons i left dish. not saying directv has never had a similar dispute but no where as often as dish does. the hell with that BS...... (not directed at you gopherscott.directed to charlie!!!)

:up:up:up

this thread will soon be in the warzone. ;):yes

Rey ... I am getting D* installed tomorrow and am having second thoughts. I think the HD Lite is a bunch of crap ... do you really notice a difference? The only reason I am switching is for HD locals which Charlie announced coming last November... but still waiting. I am getting the new HR24 and H24 with MRV and it sounds like the new receiver's will be more like E*s. Hopefully Iam not making a mistake.

Rey ... I am getting D* installed tomorrow and am having second thoughts. I think the HD Lite is a bunch of crap ... do you really notice a difference? The only reason I am switching is for HD locals which Charlie announced coming last November... but still waiting. I am getting the new HR24 and H24 with MRV and it sounds like the new receiver's will be more like E*s. Hopefully Iam not making a mistake.
what size is your screen?

what size is your screen?

HD Lite ?
Haven't heard that term in quite awhile.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)