ESPN2 HD September 8th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
projectorsrule said:
Amen Longhorn,
Add to that the fact that ESPN and ESPN2 are soooooo bitstarved and look like such total garbage that 3 years ago I watched the WorldCUP on Univision rather than ESPN because the PQ was far superior. I didn't have a clue what the heck they were saying other than player names and GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLLLLL but upconverted games on ESPN HD and 2HD are preferable ANY DAY to the horrid PQ on 206 and 209.

AMEN! Seeing as my Huskies are on ESPN2 at least 2x this year for football, this is a big win. Even bigger if they go HD for one or both (possible since it's Cuse @ UConn or UConn @ WVU, both pretty good games)

With you Longhorn...shugo, also note that ESPNHD is not a seperate channel. It is in fact ESPN. If there is a game to be broadcast in HD than you can see it there but just because the name is ESPNHD does not imply that everything is HD. Doesnt it work the same for HBO HD its HBO and since not everything on HBO is HD than ...well you get the point. I look at it this way, I look at the schedule, hope my team is on in HD, if they are than woohoo!! if they are not than I swear once or twice and hope the next one is. in a couple of years we will all be looking at the anxiety we all had with all this and laugh at the wasted grief, eventually it will all be there.

Longhorn,

I agree with you when I first got my set 4 years ago I was lucky to see 1 HD program a month now it is like an orgy of HD. Don't get me wrong I want everything in HD as well and especially NESN on D* but for the most part I am pretty happy with the choices we now have

Smthkd said:
9/3/2005 CFB UCLA Bruins vs. San Diego St. Aztecs 10:15 PM ESPN2HD (720p)

Darn it I wish the turn on date could be in time for this game. Ohh Well I just hope the channel actually gets turned on this time.

Anyone catch the Green Bay vs. San Diego game last night on ESPNHD, I saw the last 10 minutes or so and it seemed to look very nice in that rain.

First of all Longhorn, I am sorry that I am not a self proclaimed HD know-it-all like you are :rolleyes:
Second, I guess I am not allowed to voice my opinion without offending people like you. I guess, according to you, I am crazy for thinking ESPNHD should show more HD content. I'm glad people like you aren't in charge, or we would never have growth in technology.

LonghornXP said:
Your logic kills me in that if ESPN HD and ESPN2 HD don't do all the games in HDTV on their channels that we shouldn't get the 200+ sporting event games they do per year. I would rather have 200+ sporting events being done in HDTV and counting compared to nothing at all. I'm just glad that people like you aren't making these choices because we wouldn't have jack nor would we ever get anything more for our lifetimes.

Third, when did I ever say that we should not have ESPNHD? People like you kill me when you put words into my mouth that I never said. (And you are an administrator, you should be better than that) If you would have read my entire post and thought it over intelligently before spouting out like a child you would have understood what i was saying. I don't know why my comment is so hard to understand. All I said was that I wished ESPN would have worked to make all content on ESPNHD actual HD content before expanding with ESPNHD2, what the heck is wrong with that? It is my personal opinion if they concentrated on perfecting one thing at a time, that we would be better off for it, instead, they rush out another channel, when in my opinion, the first channel needs work. I am sorry if you don't agree, but the beauty is, you don't have to.

LonghornXP said:
I always want more but I and others had a reason to complain three years ago and the fact is you have no reason whatsoever to even hint at complaining.

I don't care about three years ago, I care about right now, you should stop living in the past. Why do you have a right to complain and not me? You don't know anything about me. What the heck makes you so special? I get so annoyed by people like you that think they have rights that others don't.

A piece of advice, longhorn, stop acting like you are so much better than everyone. I've read a lot of your posts, most of the time you sound very intelligent and composed, but other times, it seems like you have lost control of your wits, you get all flustered and seem childish, calm down dude, it's just TV. Everyone isn't going to always agree with you, and that is ok. :)

shugo77 said:
First of all Longhorn, I am sorry that I am not a self proclaimed HD know-it-all like you are :rolleyes:
Second, I guess I am not allowed to voice my opinion without offending people like you. I guess, according to you, I am crazy for thinking ESPNHD should show more HD content. I'm glad people like you aren't in charge, or we would never have growth in technology.

Third, when did I ever say that we should not have ESPNHD? People like you kill me when you put words into my mouth that I never said. (And you are an administrator, you should be better than that) If you would have read my entire post and thought it over intelligently before spouting out like a child you would have understood what i was saying. I don't know why my comment is so hard to understand. All I said was that I wished ESPN would have worked to make all content on ESPNHD actual HD content before expanding with ESPNHD2, what the heck is wrong with that? It is my personal opinion if they concentrated on perfecting one thing at a time, that we would be better off for it, instead, they rush out another channel, when in my opinion, the first channel needs work. I am sorry if you don't agree, but the beauty is, you don't have to.

I don't care about three years ago, I care about right now, you should stop living in the past. Why do you have a right to complain and not me? You don't know anything about me. What the heck makes you so special? I get so annoyed by people like you that think they have rights that others don't.

A piece of advice, longhorn, stop acting like you are so much better than everyone. I've read a lot of your posts, most of the time you sound very intelligent and composed, but other times, it seems like you have lost control of your wits, you get all flustered and seem childish, calm down dude, it's just TV. Everyone isn't going to always agree with you, and that is ok. :)

I'm very sorry about blowing up at you but you should also read your post from a persons view that has had HD for three years. Trust me it sounds very different from my view than from yours. I do indeed respect your opinion but also keep in mind how many times I've had to read these types of posts with ESPN.

Again I should have not blown up at you but you must know that these types of posts will have a way of sparking anger in some people. Just look at your post from my point of view just for a sec okay.

I'm reading about a member that pretty much says in my point of view that because ESPN HD doesn't do more in HDTV they should have waited until they could have done more games in HDTV before they launched the channel.

Now this view can anger myself and many people because when I look back and would just kill for just one college football game in HDTV in an entire year and now that we longtime HD fans have hundreds of college games done in HDTV per year I have to read a post that says we shouldn't enjoy hundreds of college games in HDTV because by your logic we would have never got ESPN HD now to begin with.

Again I know now that isn't what you meant but you can't deny what a longtime HD fan would get out of this. Just remember that I was moreso stating my opinion about this post than ripping yours. My post just went bad because you just got under my skin with that view. Also just because I'm a mod doesn't make me avoid human emotion and mistakes. I try to keep an open mind and think I do a very good job but I again still have my weaknesses. Don't think again that being a mod makes these weaknesses go away because they don't. I also don't consider anyone above nor below myself.

Again I'm very sorry and you didn't deserve what was given to you but just keep in mind how others will view what you write or just accept what you get in return.

Longhorn,
You know what, we do just have different points of view on this, and I can certainly understand yours, now that you have explained it rationally.

I'll admit that you definitely know a lot more about how HD broadcasts work than I do, and no doubt you were one of the early adopters of HDTV. I understand where you are coming from.

You just don't understand how much I love football and my Falcons, I was so dissapointed when they weren't in HD the other night (the game was replayed on tape delay at 5PM). So I figured, oh well, I guess preseason games don't get the HD treatment, ok whatever. Then, a couple nights later the Miami game WAS in HD. That aggravated me so bad, and that is what led to my anti ESPN2HD rant. I was just thinking "why add espn2hd when everything on ESPNHD isn't in HD?" You know us newbies are spoiled rotten. . You want to know a secret? Despite all of my complaining, the only reason I keep the HD pack is because of ESPN (I do enjoy the channel, I just want to enjoy it more) Give me a little time and I'll get over it.

I'll probably get over being disgruntled when I'm watching the below games; but not a day sooner.

9/3/2005 CFB Boise State Broncos vs. Georgia Bulldogs 5:30 PM ESPNHD (720p)
9/3/2005 CFB Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Auburn Tigers 8:45 PM ESPNHD (720p)
9/10/2005 CFB South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Georgia Bulldogs 5:30 PM ESPNHD (720p)
9/10/2005 CFB Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles vs. Alabama Crimson Tide 7:45 PM ESPN2HD (720p)
9/22/2005 CFB Air Force Falcons vs. Utah Utes 7:30 PM ESPNHD (720p)
9/29/2005 CFB Air Force Falcons vs. Colorado State Rams 7:30 PM ESPNHD (720p)

Then, as soon as the games are over, back to bitching :D

shugo77 said:
Longhorn,
You know what, we do just have different points of view on this, and I can certainly understand yours, now that you have explained it rationally.

I'll admit that you definitely know a lot more about how HD broadcasts work than I do, and no doubt you were one of the early adopters of HDTV. I understand where you are coming from.

You just don't understand how much I love football and my Falcons, I was so dissapointed when they weren't in HD the other night (the game was replayed on tape delay at 5PM). So I figured, oh well, I guess preseason games don't get the HD treatment, ok whatever. Then, a couple nights later the Miami game WAS in HD. That aggravated me so bad, and that is what led to my anti ESPN2HD rant. I was just thinking "why add espn2hd when everything on ESPNHD isn't in HD?" You know us newbies are spoiled rotten. . You want to know a secret? Despite all of my complaining, the only reason I keep the HD pack is because of ESPN (I do enjoy the channel, I just want to enjoy it more) Give me a little time and I'll get over it.

I'll probably get over being disgruntled when I'm watching the below games; but not a day sooner.

9/3/2005 CFB Boise State Broncos vs. Georgia Bulldogs 5:30 PM ESPNHD (720p)
9/3/2005 CFB Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Auburn Tigers 8:45 PM ESPNHD (720p)
9/10/2005 CFB South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Georgia Bulldogs 5:30 PM ESPNHD (720p)
9/10/2005 CFB Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles vs. Alabama Crimson Tide 7:45 PM ESPN2HD (720p)
9/22/2005 CFB Air Force Falcons vs. Utah Utes 7:30 PM ESPNHD (720p)
9/29/2005 CFB Air Force Falcons vs. Colorado State Rams 7:30 PM ESPNHD (720p)

Then, as soon as the games are over, back to bitching :D

Oh I do know what you mean that is for sure. We must remember that the one huge big drawback to HDTV is that from the first live game you see in HDTV you will instantly become a greedy person who can never be sastified. You would think if companies did studies of peoples attitudes after they start viewing HDTV they would go nuts. How many startup companies would kill to have a product that every customer who buys cannot stay away from and always wants more. I would kill for that kind of support.

Also rest assured that I'll be pissed off when the Bucs aren't shown in HDTV but in Fox Widescreen EDTV for those few weeks. Even I will admit that I always must have more but again its like drugs in that you always have a bad side to them except maybe weed. I guess weed does have a bad side when you always eat cheese puffs and reach 300 pounds and die of a heart attack.

Enjoy the next coming weeks and I'll be right on here waiting to hear your rants on how bad picture quality is on ESPN HD. :D <just to make sure this is a joke.

I love it! Some of you complain that *D has not added any HD, and then when they do you still complain. I love sports, movies, anything in HD so I am glad they added ESPN2. Also remember how many great college basketball games we missed on ESPN2 last year, and then I am sure Barneypoo69 will remember the Longhorns college world series run on ESPN2HD. Better late than never. Thank you DIRECTV!

Maybe for all of you that have nothing to do but complain, *D, or *E will add PlayboyHD so you can "relieve" some of your stress towards HD offerings!

I love it! Some of you complain that *D has not added any HD, and then when they do you still complain.

I Haven't saw anything New in HD as of yet.....only a rumor................have you????

About ESPNHD not showing HD all the time.....could you image how lite HD lite would be if both ESPN and the duece HD both showed HD all the time concurrently? At least with their part time HD the PQ won't be "quite" as bad!

This is my take...which isnt worth much but, here goes.....ESPNHD just isn't that great in my eyes. I do like their HD games but there isn't enough of them for me. I feel that insted they should improve and increase their main HD ch ESPN. It just seems to me they can show college football in HD and baseball in HD and whatever else that they wanted in HD with one ch. I feel that its ESPN's fault for not realizing that. It's kind of like what VOOM did having 10 movie ch's when they should have only had three. Why doesn't ESPN fill up their 1st ch with more HD programming? What are they showing on Saturday afternoons and nights that is in HD during the college football season? That being said, I think its a good move to add the ch ....but TNTHD would be a better choice by far. If they add TNTHD I'll reinstate my HD pack. ESPN2HD is not going to make me do that.

vinnyv07 said:
This is my take...which isnt worth much but, here goes.....ESPNHD just isn't that great in my eyes. I do like their HD games but there isn't enough of them for me. I feel that insted they should improve and increase their main HD ch ESPN. It just seems to me they can show college football in HD and baseball in HD and whatever else that they wanted in HD with one ch. I feel that its ESPN's fault for not realizing that. It's kind of like what VOOM did having 10 movie ch's when they should have only had three. Why doesn't ESPN fill up their 1st ch with more HD programming? What are they showing on Saturday afternoons and nights that is in HD during the college football season? That being said, I think its a good move to add the ch ....but TNTHD would be a better choice by far. If they add TNTHD I'll reinstate my HD pack. ESPN2HD is not going to make me do that.

I agree with you but we also must remember that some major sports and games have contracts for ESPN 2 HD and those games cannot be shown on ESPN HD. Because of this many great games would never ever get shown (even if they had the mobile trucks and cameras) until they offered ESPN 2 HD. Now I agree with you on the Voom channels in that they could have reduced their current Voom 21 into about 5-8 total HD channels which always have something new and current while still repeating enough so people can watch if they miss it.

I would surely say that ESPN Classic HD would be a 100% waste of time and bandwidth but ESPN 2 HD even with little overall HD does still have a good and valid reason for its existance as a channel and on providers lineups.

Just wait until TNTHD is added. People will be complaining that they can't get the Weather Channel in HD. The grass is always greener....

LonghornXP said:
I agree with you but we also must remember that some major sports and games have contracts for ESPN 2 HD and those games cannot be shown on ESPN HD. Because of this many great games would never ever get shown (even if they had the mobile trucks and cameras) until they offered ESPN 2 HD. Now I agree with you on the Voom channels in that they could have reduced their current Voom 21 into about 5-8 total HD channels which always have something new and current while still repeating enough so people can watch if they miss it.
I would surely say that ESPN Classic HD would be a 100% waste of time and bandwidth but ESPN 2 HD even with little overall HD does still have a good and valid reason for its existance as a channel and on providers lineups.

Yes...I agree. ESPN is a business and Direct should add it to the lineup if they have a chance to. Directv's business is as a provider and if they provide ESPN2HD subs really shouldn't complain. It's a welcome addition but it's one ch short of me adding my HD pack back. But since this is a thread about TNTHD ...I mean ESPN2HD , I'm glad that they are adding HD.

Chado said:
Just wait until TNTHD is added. People will be complaining that they can't get the Weather Channel in HD. The grass is always greener....

You won't find me complaining!!! That's the one ch that I want more than anything. I love watching some of their movies on the weekeknds...even with the commercials.

Status
Please reply by conversation.