Espn2 Hd??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Enforcer said:
I would stay tuned on Tuesday. From what people are telling me, D* "normally" launches new channels on Monday and Tuesday's. Keep your fingers crossed.

Tick, tock, waiting...nothing yet. Hopefully we have it before March madness!

Hopefully they will add it today. They may be waiting to launch ESPN2-HD, TNT-HD, and others all together? Who knows. I am very happy though with the PQ of their HD channels. Waiting patiently. Tick tock ...tick tock... Geeze I have no life. lol

Well its :10 after the 7PM ET start time for the CUSA games on ESPN2-HD and it is still nowhere to be found; neither is TNT-HD for that matter. So goes another Tuesday without any added HD.

Has anyone heard from any of the Satguys that were at CES and why we don't have anything yet from either of these two sports-wielding HD channels?

Almost there???

I noticed last night at 7:00pm after rebooting my REciever that HBOHD and Showtime HD have a channel in the 500's, (I know HBO HD is 508 right after HBO family west), and the Showtime HD channel is in the same tier as its other Showtime movie channels. They were both still listed in the 70's as well with the other HD channels. Could this mean that we will soon see TNT HD, and ESPN2HD in those channe' slots? I guess we will wait and see.

joeyd24 said:
I noticed last night at 7:00pm after rebooting my REciever that HBOHD and Showtime HD have a channel in the 500's, (I know HBO HD is 508 right after HBO family west), and the Showtime HD channel is in the same tier as its other Showtime movie channels. They were both still listed in the 70's as well with the other HD channels. Could this mean that we will soon see TNT HD, and ESPN2HD in those channe' slots? I guess we will wait and see.

No, Showtime-HD and HBO-HD have always had the HD channel mirrored on the 500 range with the rest of their multiplexed channels.

Tom in Tampa

I sent an email to DirecTV customer service inquiring to the availability of ESPN2 HD. They responded that they do not carry it but will forward my request to the programming department. This sound like they have no plans to add this in the near future.

We ARE NOT getting ESPN2-HD any time soon. This is the same post as those about TNT-HD that have been going on for MONTHS! Don't expect anything until the new satellites are up.

For anyone who is interested, ESPN has moved their Duke @ N.C. State (Thursday Jan 13 7:00 p.m. ET) game from ESPN2 back to ESPN.

It was originally scheduled to air on ESPN, and then they announced ESPN2 was coming, and suddenly it was moved to ESPN2, where it would be in high definition on ESPN2HD. Well, now it's moved back to ESPN, and I will be able to see it in HD!

Why does this matter to me? I got an HD television and moved from cable to DirecTV JUST for Duke basketball games in HD (at the time my cable company did not have ESPNHD), so I've been biting my nails waiting to see if we would get ESPN2 in time so that this game would be available for me in HD.

Why does this matter to everyone? Well, I think that moving this game back to ESPN is an indication that ESPN has conceded that no one will have ESPN2HD any time soon. I suspect that they moved the game to ESPN because they were already set up to broadcast this game in HD, and didn't want to broadcast it in HD on ESPN2HD where no one would see it.

I still stand by my prediction that ESPN 2 HD will be available VERY soon after the CES is over. I think that ESPN announced the launch date as more for when they debuted the service, NOT when it would actually be available to providers.

HBO and Showtime HD

Actually, I believe these channel numbers are the actual ones and 70 and 71 are the mapped numbers. Just like everyone's locals are really in the 800 and 900 and mapped to your local numbers.

jdspencer said:
Actually, I believe these channel numbers are the actual ones and 70 and 71 are the mapped numbers. Just like everyone's locals are really in the 800 and 900 and mapped to your local numbers.

i dont think there are "actual" channels. The way I see it is they have actual transponsers but unlike OTA the transponder frequencies do not coorespond to a channel number, so in theory all of the channels are mapped.

Tom in Tampa

HDTVTechno, I was just repeating what the CSR wrote to me in reply to my question on ESPN2HD. As always, I take what they say with a grain of salt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)