ESPN2HD and UniversalHD coming...

My thoughts exactly. Just a bunch of network reruns. Except yesterday saw that they were playing olympics women's hockey. Again, who the H* cares about that. Think that this channel is just going to be a waste of bandwidth. Would much rather see National Geographic HD and the local PBS station's HD. Would also hope that when HGTV goes HD that they can find the bandwidth for that one.

I personally like it. Hockey is my favorie sport so seeing olympic hockey in HD is cool. I also got to watch Quantum Leap in HD which is cool. I like INHD2 better though.

Saw a movie on UHD yesterday. Psycho 3,4,5 or something. Watched most of it. Was surprised that there were no commercial breaks and that all of the "R" content was apparently kept. It seems that their programming is quite varied.

I liked UHD from the Voom days. Good stuff. Full unedited movies (Rollercoaster, Conan movies, etc), and lots of repeats of tv shows (Knight Rider, etc). I like it a lot. Much better quality on Comcast than when it was on Voom.

-John

Last edited:
I'm wondering if they will keep UHD? Looking into the listings, there's a lot of "To Be Announced" and "Movie" in the program guide for UHD this week.

-Jophn

No UNI-HD in South Jersey as of the 1st... *doh*

Hopefully this just means they're clearing the space for ESPN2, because I hated knowing that Sunday Night Baseball was on ESPN2 in HD while I was stuck watching the SD feed.

Anyone know when UHD'LL be back on in the Chicago area[northern suburbs]?....with UHD showing the US Open now you'd think they'd've brought it back by now.

It has been noted elsewhere that UHD in the Bay Area is a temporary thing, again. It's only there for the US Open. On Semptember 20, TNT-HD will appear on channel 726, the one that UHD is presently on, and INHD2 will be going away. UHD will return sometime later.

mtv hd in Portland, OR

We received MTV HD in Portland today. It would be great to get Universal HD during this years US Open.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)