ESPN's 30 for 30

Finally saw the Detroit Pistons piece. It was OK at best. There were no real humanitatian stories or stories of interest, other than Andrian Dantley and Mark Aguirre really didn't like each other, that were not already known. It a assured me a of a couple of things though. (1) Thomas was scary good. (2) Lambeer could NOT play defense unless he hacked the $h!7 out of you. (3) Chuck Daly was an AMAZING coach and probably THE BEST handler of personalities in the NBA. (4) Dennis Rodman was REALLY good.

And finally, they were poor sports in the grand scheme of things. To walk off the floor and not acknowledge the Bulls after beat them was truly classless and seal their fate as THE douchiest team in the history of sports. Hell, my Raiders of the 70s and 80s were dirty, but at least they would acknowledge the better team after they lost a game.

Yeah, the Pistons didnt come off well in the doc. I watched most of it and they just came off as a dirty team even now.

In regard to the pistons 30 for 30, yes they have walked off against the bulls. But when Boston finally lost bird and the crew were long gone other the mchale. James worthy said himself they looked at the celtics as the bad boys. Say what you want about Isaiah but what a player he was

For me the story brought me back to how long it took them to beat the celtics. Look at that second team, they could have been a starting five on many other teams in my view. These 30 for 30's are great conversation pieces

I'm surprised that there were no comments on "I Hate Christian Laettner." I really enjoyed that one.

I saw it too. Already knew or remembered most of what was shown.
I was a Duke fan back then (not into basketball much anymore) and followed them before and several years after Laettner. 30 30 on coach K would be a lot more interesting IMO.

I'm surprised that there were no comments on "I Hate Christian Laettner." I really enjoyed that one.

I have yet to see it. I gotta see when they replay. I am noticing a trend with these last 4 or 5 "30 for 30"s. They have done a terrible job of advertising them and I didn't or don't find out about them until the day before or the day after.

Has anyone else noticed that?

I have yet to see it. I gotta see when they replay. I am noticing a trend with these last 4 or 5 "30 for 30"s. They have done a terrible job of advertising them and I didn't or don't find out about them until the day before or the day after.

Has anyone else noticed that?
They were advertising this one for a while,& I actually watched it(the whole episode) on YouTube.

Reactions: salsadancer7
Its nice that they are showing the 30 for 30 on ABC on Saturdays (when they can)

Trojan War was on a few weeks ago
couple weeks ago was the Buffalo Bills one
Next Saturday (16th) is the one on Bill McCartney (The Gospel According to Mac)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts