Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

Well this is very good news as I am not in a grade B signal area so I would qualify even though I can get the NYC stations in HD on Dish. Now I wonder how much it will cost?

The next thing I would love to see are the superstations in HD. I think it may happen after 6/12.

If AAD, or NPS as I call them, has to pay more for having mirrors on both east and western archs I would think that would benefit them by being able to sell to more customers. I guess it's a question of if Dish wants to sell it.

Too bad they can not just make the current LA and NY conUs and then Dish could just sell it to "movers". AAD would definetly lose sales if they could swing this since they can only sell one set of feeds anyway.

Rumor talk... A good way to pass the time until we know for sure. Comon Scott! :) What sats and tranponders? hehe.......

I would love it if AAD would add HD versions of the Superstations and PBS in addition to the network distants but is most likely just a dream.

Voyagerbob

The next thing I would love to see are the superstations in HD. I think it may happen after 6/12.

I don't know where you get that idea. I don't think we'll ever get them in HD. In fact, the Superstations will likely be over after this year when the SHVERA (whatever they call it) expires.

Last edited:
Technically, the Superstations cease to exist after June 12, 2009. Not sure what kind of loophole they will find, but the law also says no new superstations can be created.

This is the message i just got back.

Jeff,
The feeds will be from Chicago and LA. We had to do this because the current law only allows us to deliver HD signals to a market in the same time zone or later than the one where the broadcast station originates from. So to make sure we comply we will be selling Chicago only to the Eastern and Central time zones and LA to the Mountain and Western time zones. We are shooting for a 6/11 live date. We will still offer SD. We have not finished determining the pricing at this time.

This is the message i just got back.

Jeff,
The feeds will be from Chicago and LA. We had to do this because the current law only allows us to deliver HD signals to a market in the same time zone or later than the one where the broadcast station originates from. So to make sure we comply we will be selling Chicago only to the Eastern and Central time zones and LA to the Mountain and Western time zones. We are shooting for a 6/11 live date. We will still offer SD. We have not finished determining the pricing at this time.

So what prevents those in the Eastern and Central time zones to getting the L.A. feeds? Their programming comes on 3 hours LATER, not earlier.

This again is not D*.
All American Direct is an independent DNS company Exclusive for E* customers who can not receive Local channels. Show me proof to back up the statement your claimming.

AAD is not Exclusice for E* customers.

Anyone can buy a used Dishnetwork box with a balance and sub to just AAD if they want.

Anyone can list an address that they "moved " to in order to get what ever time zone they want. There is no cross checking with DISH over addresses. I had one "moved" address for my DISH account for hd locals from the closest city and another "moved " address for AAD to get east/west coast nets when I was still a sub. I also included all of my receivers from all 3 different DISH accounts for my AAD account. So it's time to do some more "moving" to get what you want .

All American Direct on 119W

I hope they keep their SD programming on 119 or change it to HD, but leave it on 119w. May not be possible though....

i just want to see the new pricing point. i know if i could just get chicagohd for a price cheaper than i pay for east and west coast sd i would be happy.

From what I understand they're going to keep New York and San Francisco SD on 119, and LA/Chicago HD on 110. What would be great if we could keep the East/West SD distants and get one HD City. That would be great during football season, for me at least :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts