Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

I've been able to watch sports(NFL,MLB) with no blackouts. Looking forward to some PAC10 ganes from LA this year. I think it's worth it.
Football Season its well worth it.:) I think I'm just going to do FOX and CBS HD, Unless they give me some kind of a bargin on all 4 HD feeds, Otherwise forget it.

Well even with the prices for the Distants, its still cheaper than Sunday Ticket from DirecTV. Im going to get Chicago, San Francisco, and New York. Plus I use an Atlanta address and get those locals, plus Charlotte OTA. So Ill get Falcons, Panthers, Jets, Giants, Bears, 49ers, and Raiders games :D.

I've been able to watch sports(NFL,MLB) with no blackouts. Looking forward to some PAC10 ganes from LA this year. I think it's worth it.

Did not think of that way college football games and such..Some NFL games, may have to look into at and give it a try!

Well even with the prices for the Distants, its still cheaper than Sunday Ticket from DirecTV. Im going to get Chicago, San Francisco, and New York. Plus I use an Atlanta address and get those locals, plus Charlotte OTA. So Ill get Falcons, Panthers, Jets, Giants, Bears, 49ers, and Raiders games :D.

I will have Kansas City OTA along with Chicago, SF and NY. And the amazing thing is all of it will be without any "moving". I live in a DMA that is not on dish yet, but is next to KC DMA and I can get KC OTA (although every once in a while I get some pixelation).

I bet you that I will be able to get at least 50% of the games (if not more). And NCAA Tournament is going to be even more awesome with yet another CBS channel.

So it looks like even for those who have locals, the investment will be made in aditional locals

It's not an additional $24.99 to me, it's 12 dollars more per month. $12.99 I'm already paying plus $12 for HD equals $24.99/month.
The gentlemen said I would receive all 8 SD Channels from NY and SF PLUS my choice of Chicago or LA for $24.99/month TOTAL.

So I can get just hd distants for $12.00 or $12.99 like the sd distant prices? OR for $5.00 with DISH I can "move" and get my hd nets from a nearby city that has them + CW in hd. UHhhhmmmmmm............Looks like $12.99 more a month if I wanted L.A. nets in hd. Or stay with the "moved" city with DISH and I would save $12.99 a month. What would it be for just one network and would you be able to just take one or two nets? $3.25 each?

Looks like it'll be cheaper for me to dust off my old tivo hd and subscribe to comcast limited basic cable.... that's only like $15-$20 a month and I'll get CW and PBS in HD

Looks like it'll be cheaper for me to dust off my old tivo hd and subscribe to comcast limited basic cable.... that's only like $15-$20 a month and I'll get CW and PBS in HD
C-YA:rolleyes: If you had cable option all along for $15, Why would you bother with SD All American Direct in the first place? Smells like BS to me.

I had the cable option but once I got my basic, $20, add a digital box, another $5, oh I want DVR technology (which is way worse than Dish DVR) another $10 ..... $35/month and this is just for SD with just east coast channels. That is why I chose All American Direct from the beginning.

One question though since I am only able to receive three channels (and i'm on the east coast) does that mean i'll be grandfathered in to receive both feeds of ABC, CBS, and FOX ? And is there anything written into the law that would make it easier for me to get the SD channel of NBC w/o a waiver or would I still need it ?

Also would it be illegal for them to give me ABC from the east, and FOX from the west coast (kind of like mix and match the channels since you are paying for them per channel?

Edit: opps missed the TiVo comment, but isn't service like $12.95/month ?

Last edited:
A word from the owner of AAD

I emailed Mike Mountford to ask if the prices being floated here were accurate. Here is his reply:

Mitchell,

The pricing will be finalized and released when the channels are
available this weekend.

Thank you.

MM

Mitch

C-YA:rolleyes: If you had cable option all along for $15, Why would you bother with SD All American Direct in the first place? Smells like BS to me.

Because the apartment complex I currently live in has an exclusive cable provider that provides a bunch of SD channels and no HD. That's why I went to Dish Network to get HD, but still don't get my locals in HD. I've been a mover, but I'm always concerned of any consequences that might arise from it.

EDIT: I'm moving in August, so that's when the cheap Comcast option will become available to me.

I didn't hear Charlie say it was a free for all for getting distants. He said if you didn't have service you may be eligible. It's AAD, not E*, that determines eligibility. I'm sure D* will be doing the same. They also have lawyers that probably keep up to date on what's what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)