ESPNU

Come on Dish!! The Vols are on the U again this Saturday. Get your head out of your butt and turn it on!!

Lucky you - looks like you get another game on the U the following week. :eek: Back to back YOUTUBE heaven.

Get 'er done, Dish!! :rant:

Dish's reply to my plea

Here's my email to CS and the reply.
I really really really want to see ESPNU in HIGH DEFINITION. One of the very best things about HD is the realistic appearance of sports events, and now the college basketball season is starting. I don't understand why all my cable watching friends have this channel in HD and I don't!!! Maybe it's time that I switch back to Insight cable and bundle it with my internet and phone package.
Dear Mr. Taylor, Thank you for your e-mail. We would like to add ESPNU Channel in High Definition sooner to make viewers like you happy. However we do not have any specific information regarding your inquiry. Please understand that it is our intent to add a variety of programming and services to please current and future subscribers. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.
We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

I really really really want to see ESPNU in HIGH DEFINITION. One of the very best things about HD is the realistic appearance of sports events, and now the college basketball season is starting. I don't understand why all my cable watching friends have this channel in HD and I don't!!! Maybe it's time that I switch back to Insight cable and bundle it with my internet and phone package.
Dear Mr. Taylor, Thank you for your e-mail. We would like to add ESPNU Channel in High Definition sooner to make viewers like you happy. However we do not have any specific information regarding your inquiry. Please understand that it is our intent to add a variety of programming and services to please current and future subscribers. We will gladly forward your request to our Programming Department for further consideration.
We thank you for your input as we continually review our options in order to provide a compelling lineup for our viewers. Please stay tuned for consumer Charlie Chats that are broadcast monthly on Channel 101 or logon to our website for future programming announcements.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

I thought Charlie Chats were every two months not every month?

Charlie the tuna says no HD for you????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the bulls*** line that everyone gets back regarding channels when you send an email to ceo@echostar.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant::rant::rant::rant:

We now know EPIX HD is one of the 8 TEMP HD Channels
ESPNU HD is probably one of the other 7 TEMP HD Channels.

Honestly, I would be willing to bet that ESPNU HD truly is one of those 7 remaining channels because the Rainbow channels (IFC, AMC, WE, Sundance) probably aren't coming til the lawsuit over Voom is settled. The remaining FOX channels (except Fuel HD) aren't launching until early next year. I know we don't wanna count our chickens before they're hatched, but I'm fairly confident one of those is ESPNU HD.

Here's what I don't understand. Why do you guys feel you're "owed" ESPNU HD? It could be worse. DISH, notoriously cheap when it comes to sports, could decide not to pay what ESPN is asking for the channel and black you out entirely.

Here's what I don't understand. Why do you guys feel you're "owed" ESPNU HD? It could be worse. DISH, notoriously cheap when it comes to sports, could decide not to pay what ESPN is asking for the channel and black you out entirely.
That would amount to suicide for E* and they know it.

I for one would love to have ESPNU in HD... as well as the for mentioned AMC for my old movie watching. At this point I have the Silver and didn't have ESPNU at all, now I do so thats already a plus but its almost better to not have it than watch it in the horror of SD which is rare for me to do anymore.

I've streamed in ESPN360 from the Comp (9800GTX) to my 52" sharp and it even looks better across a 50ft HDMI cable vs SD channel feeds on it.

pretty bad too that I even work installing Dish, and don't even get a discount :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts