Ethernet Over Coaxial Cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't have dish any more and I'm still using HIC's to extend my network. They work great. Just put an hic where the hopper was in the diagram and use the rj45 port to an Ethernet switch.
I have dish but don’t have the hopper and just want to do Ethernet over coax. Could I connect my router to a HIC then to coax and in another room connect a HIC to coax then to my computer for Ethernet? Basically just want to skip connecting to the hopper part as I don’t have the hopper, I just have a pretty basic dish dvr and it works fine for me.

I have dish but don’t have the hopper and just want to do Ethernet over coax. Could I connect my router to a HIC then to coax and in another room connect a HIC to coax then to my computer for Ethernet? Basically just want to skip connecting to the hopper part as I don’t have the hopper, I just have a pretty basic dish dvr and it works fine for me.

Yes.

Reactions: Carson Reeder
The HIc is awesome, but the power line adapter is amazing.

How so? The early ones were slow as hell. And even with new faster ones, there is always the problem of the two power outlets you want to use being on opposite legs of the supply. There are RF bridges that are built to go into your breaker box...

Maybe I shouldn,t make a comment as I never had any dish equipment! Does your receiver have an ethernet jack on it? If it does why not just run an ethernet cable? It is easier to run an ethernet cable than a coax cable especially if you get flat cable.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts