Ethernet Wired Joey & SJoey + MoCA ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Joe_Wht

Original poster
Sep 6, 2014
What benifit does Ethernet Wiring Both Joeys to my Netgear NightHawk R8000 Router?

Dish Hopper with Sling R1887102336 "Links" both Joeys with MoCA
Super Joey R1888022057 Shows MoCA, Links the Hopper + Shows Network Router Connection
Joey1.0 R1886123063 Shows MoCA, Links the Hopper, Shows --X-- No Network Router Connection

Both Joeys works fine & has blue button Working Apps.
I Just upgraded my Router from Dlink 855 to NetGear R8k which GREATLY Extends
my Wireless Distance Strength Connection ! (got rid of the DAP1522 & Plugin Repeater)
I also use my Dish Anywhere Apps on my Mac Laptop, Ipad, & Iphone.
so I'm wanting the Best Benefits, Smoothest Connection I can get with my home network.
Joe_Wht@MSN.com

nothing really that I can think of.
I know you can run a joey off an ethernet cable after its been activated and updated with out using a coax.
if its wired in with coax its linked to the hopper through moca.

Reactions: Joe_Wht
From reply's and googleing.. Ethernet connected joeys gains straight access for apps & PPV purchases on Joeys TV
and one person stated Joey software/firmware update.
ALSO.. Myself ( and may other users ) had our Hoppers freezing up when bridged.
So.. obvious fix there.

From reply's and googleing.. Ethernet connected joeys gains straight access for apps & PPV purchases on Joeys TV
and one person stated Joey software/firmware update.
Some misinformation there.

ALL current PPV is downloaded through the Hopper, nothing streams directly to the Joey.

No updates are done over the net, all updates come from the sat stream, are stored on the Hopper and Joey grabs them from the Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)