EuroNews

bb1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Austin, Texas
Euronews is supposed to be broadcast in several languages. Dish's site lists several channels but they are all in English. I subscribe to the "grandfathered" German Language Pack. Anyone know how I get the German broadcast of this channel? I don't think it's an equipment issue I have a Dish 1000+ and 622 receiver.

Thanks. I must've limited my search to the last 6 months so I guess I didn't pick that up. Sorry about that.

Is it possible to subscribe to Euronews online? I can't find it in any of the "add programming" areas and I dread calling to Bangalore.

I tried that. Click "order now", logon, end up at same place as if I just logged on from scratch. Nothing in cart, doesn't work.

Tried both IE and Firefox. Keeps asking for user id and password and then kicks you out to your account screen.

I just tried to subscribe to this channel via online chat. The rep said it is only available if I also subscribe to something international. I guess Americans aren't allowed to see news from Europe.

I just tried to subscribe to this channel via online chat. The rep said it is only available if I also subscribe to something international. I guess Americans aren't allowed to see news from Europe.

That's bunk because I have it (though I don't watch it much) and I don't subscribe to any international. I was told that it is al la cart and anyone who wants it can have it.

prolly the issue is that you need to have a dish pointed at one of the international sats, which they usually throw in for free when you sub to an international package

Pepper...

I have it also, $1.99 a month, a-la-carte. Channel 900, etc. off the 118. No other international packages.

There was mass confusion, however, when I tried to order it :) via CSRs. Also, it took the DISH installer about 15 minutes talking to reps to get it turned on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)