europe sats from USA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

With a 30 inch dish, are there any sats you can get from europe? I live in PA....I was thinking no, but i see that some people pick them up....HELP..

There is European programming on satellites orbiting in the Clarke belt that you may tune into from PA, but receiving signal from a satellite in orbit over Europe is physically imppossible.

You are able to "see" satellites from ~61 degrees West through ~160 degrees West in the US, depending on localized geography, etc.

HTH

Got to Lyngsat for a look-see

If you go to the Lyngsat webpage, you will find a list of the satellites available. However, even if a satellite is within your range, the beam or footprint may not be (i.e. if the beam is aimed at Europe or South America, you can't receive it). Ku-band is what most people watch (because of the smaller dish size requirement: 30-inch).

I don't know of any German you can get without a subscription. French is extremely limited (unless you get C-band for a couple of Canadian channels); some of the news and culture on Algerian and Tunisian tv is in French. You can get Telepace (Italian) and RTPi (Portuguese), and a few other European languages, such as Romanian... I'm not sure if Euronews is available FTA... As for Spanish-language tv, you can get some US-based programming (Telefutura, Univision...), and a few non-US stations in Spanish. You can also get BVN (Dutch).

Have a look at what Lyngsat offers and refine your question. What language(s) / channel(s) would you like to receive?

Very true European programing is very limited in this country. However lets not forget about the occasional feeds. Over the years I have come across a load of Euro programming being beamed back to the UK for example. We had FULL UK election coverage the other night (including UK adverts) I have also watched HOURS of sports programming including soccer and F1 car racing. I think more and more European channels and feeds will show up in the months and years ahead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)