europe sats from USA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

theslag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Hi all..

With a 30 inch dish, are there any sats you can get from europe? I live in PA....I was thinking no, but i see that some people pick them up....HELP..

There is European programming on satellites orbiting in the Clarke belt that you may tune into from PA, but receiving signal from a satellite in orbit over Europe is physically imppossible.

You are able to "see" satellites from ~61 degrees West through ~160 degrees West in the US, depending on localized geography, etc.

HTH

Got to Lyngsat for a look-see

If you go to the Lyngsat webpage, you will find a list of the satellites available. However, even if a satellite is within your range, the beam or footprint may not be (i.e. if the beam is aimed at Europe or South America, you can't receive it). Ku-band is what most people watch (because of the smaller dish size requirement: 30-inch).

I don't know of any German you can get without a subscription. French is extremely limited (unless you get C-band for a couple of Canadian channels); some of the news and culture on Algerian and Tunisian tv is in French. You can get Telepace (Italian) and RTPi (Portuguese), and a few other European languages, such as Romanian... I'm not sure if Euronews is available FTA... As for Spanish-language tv, you can get some US-based programming (Telefutura, Univision...), and a few non-US stations in Spanish. You can also get BVN (Dutch).

Have a look at what Lyngsat offers and refine your question. What language(s) / channel(s) would you like to receive?

Very true European programing is very limited in this country. However lets not forget about the occasional feeds. Over the years I have come across a load of Euro programming being beamed back to the UK for example. We had FULL UK election coverage the other night (including UK adverts) I have also watched HOURS of sports programming including soccer and F1 car racing. I think more and more European channels and feeds will show up in the months and years ahead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts