OTHER European dish in north america

This channel master dish came with a dual lnb bracket and one lnb. The bracket has labels of lnb A and lnb B. Which one would be the best to aim the dish with or does it matter?

Doesn't matter which side of the dual clamp is used. Neither position is in the sweet spot for the reflector, so there will be a slight loss. Remember that the dish will be aimed slightly off axis to receive the target satellite. Ideally, locate a single OEM LNB holder and scalar for optimum performance.

Have fun with your new toy!

Here are the pictures I do not have the pole in the ground yet so the dish is not fully installed it's just sitting there.

Attachments

• 20181102_175517.jpg
    20181102_175517.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 20181102_175512.jpg
    20181102_175512.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 20181102_175510.jpg
    20181102_175510.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 160
Would this work it came up in a search for 84e lnb holder. The one that says it's specifically for the Channel Master looks to be $68 or around there on most websites. that seems like quite a bit for a little piece of plastic I'm must there something else to it that time not seeing.

Does a scalar work on KU band also? I am somewhat new to this but I thought those were only for cband.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181102-181943_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20181102-181943_eBay.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 144
Looks like the unit shipped with the 84E correct scalar for that reflector design and FD. No, the linked aftermarket clamp and conical scalar are not correct for the 84e and designed for C-band.

$68???? :eeek How many of those things did I throw away? Crazy the price they ask for some items!

One could modify the provided riser to place the single scalar at the correct height, angle and distance. Might pick up a few points and optimize. For now, I wouldn't worry about optimizing and just have fun! :)

If it is only a few points I will not worry about it. I assume most ku signals are strong enough for this dish to pick up easy with a clear los.

The lnb has 2 outputs. Is this for 2 receivers or is this for horizontal and vertical? If I need a switch should I use the 22k switch they provided or a different one?

Also the lnb holder bolt is in tight but the lnb holder seems to wobble when I touch it. Is this ok or do I need to do something with it.

The link would suggest that each output is voltage switched horizontal/vertical. No switch is necessary if the receiver polarity is set to auto (13/18).

The riser and clamp shouldn't be loose or wobble. Check the instructions/parts for correct assembly.

If they are still in business you might check with Impakt Products for Channel Master parts.

https://impaktproducts.com/

IMPAKT Satellite Products is retiring from FTA

This is actually who I bought the dish from. It was cheaper on ebay than from the website so I went with ebay. I was not aware it was impakt until I seen the paypal transaction.

The dish itself is good and was very easy to put together. It appears to have been packed many years ago. The Styrofoam was broken down but nothing was damaged in shipping. It has what seems to be an older rg6 and a wall mount surge protector that looks like something from the 90's.

I checked the website and can't seem to find a single lnb holder but as long as I get a good signal with this one I'm ok with that. I might order a second lnb from him for the second lnb slot.

Reactions: phlatwound
Sorry if I should have started a new thread but I have a question about the 84e dish. I am trying to get 30w and it says I need a skew of -47.3 the dish does not have negative skew markings. I searched on here and got conflicting answers on how to do this. Do I subtract 47 from 90 or turn the dish counter clockwise and guess about where -47 would be.