OTHER European dish in north america

I found a great deal on a 110cm dish for $102.00 including tax and international shipping. Triax TD110 Satellite Dish For Sale at Best UK & Ireland Prices
Looking online I could not find any information about using this dish in north america. Does anyone here know if this dish will work and if so how would it do with a multi lnb bracket.
Nice find!

I don't see any reason why it would not work, and it seems that it has a bracket for a standard 40 mm Ku LNBF. For a multi-LNBF bracket, you might need to get a bit creative.

The price is definitely very attractive. The unknown is the quality. I'd guess that if they ship it for €30 worldwide, it's probably not very heavy, which means it's probably a bit thin.

Yes, that would work fine any where on earth. A dish is a dish.
However, like Brct203 mentioned, it may be then and flimsy, or very easy to rust.
If you get one I would hit it with a rust preventive spray.
Also, if you get one, let us know about it! :)

Reactions: reybern and FTA4PA
I see 69 + 30 euros which is more like 114 US dollars.
I see 30 for shipping as well but they must have given me a discount the paypal total was 105.75 us dollars.

Yes, that would work fine any where on earth. A dish is a dish.
However, like Brct203 mentioned, it may be then and flimsy, or very easy to rust.
If you get one I would hit it with a rust preventive spray.
Also, if you get one, let us know about it! :)
Will do thanks for the tip. They had a fiberglass dish for 36 euros more than the metal one but I was not sure if fiberglass would justify the extra cost. They have a proprietary multi lnb bracket that clicks into place with plastic tabs however, I forgot to buy it with the dish. I will wait to see how the dish does before dropping 30 dollars(10 for the bracket and 20 for shipping) on the bracket that holds 4 lnb's.

Hi! Triax is Danish company and they make good dishes. For sure you will not have warpage or rust issues as those dishes are very good in that respect. This dish in Europe like "WV Beatle", you can call it "Umbilicus" as everybody has it :). I had 2 or 3 some time ago.
But...... I always like to make fun about Triax: This is one of the companies who make tricks on the market! Why?! Cuz they are not very honest to us. They like to sell smaller dishes for the bigger dishes prices. For example, if they write TD110 and say that dish is 110cm, that does not necessary mean antenna is so big. For an offset dish main size parameter is the width of it's working area. And working area of TD110 is only 100cm. So, this is not 110cm but 100cm dish. Same situation is with other their products.
The company gives a lot of data in data-sheets.... too much information for a simple user. here they also trick customers as not all information in those sheets is correct (maybe they themselves do not know what they write there!!). Example: for TD110 they write that it has working area 100x105cm and offset angle 26*. Somebody was completely drunk to write such a data?! :biggrin ScreenHunter_769 Oct. 19 06.53.jpg
In addition: back-brackets of the dish is not easy to adjust, however, when it is finally adjusted and all bolts are tightened, than antenna will stay as a rock.
Feedarm is funny but also works OK.
That is all IMHO.
Good dish anyway. ;)

Reactions: reybern
Hope they changed the LNBF arm connection design in recent years. The arm connected to the dish mount using two poly tabs. After a few years in the sun, the tabs would break off and the arm could fall off.

A religious broadcaster shipped this model in North America for several years about 10-15 years ago. I always was sure not to disturb the LNB support arm during service calls. A 10 minute LNBF swap could quickly become the service call from hell... LOL!

Agree with Rima about the elevation mount. A PITA to adjust.

Good fixed dish hardware if the poly clip problem has been addressed. Not my favorite for motorized installs due to the mount design.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Reactions: reybern
I just got an email from the company saying they had to cancel the order because there is no safe way to ship this dish to usa without damaging it. They only ship smaller items to north america. At least they were honest and gave me an immediate refund. Now to look for another dish to replace the 33 inch dish that got damaged when I moved.

Look for second-hand Channel Master antenna. After washing it will look like new and it always work like new. Channel Masters available at 0.75-.0.9-1.0-1.2m sizes. Or, another option, look for Prodelin 1m or 1.2m, also made of glass.

Reactions: danristheman
The down side to a fiberglass Channel Master is they are difficult to motorize. You can add a polar mount, if you can find one. I added a pipe shim to a STAB HH120 and used that, but ended up just putting back my Fortec 1.2 which works great.

Look for second-hand Channel Master antenna. After washing it will look like new and it always work like new. Channel Masters available at 0.75-.0.9-1.0-1.2m sizes. Or, another option, look for Prodelin 1m or 1.2m, also made of glass.
I am looking at these 2 dishes. The channel master cost about 60.00 more but I am willing to spend the extra 60 if it is better.

Channel Master 84E Satellite Antenna Dual Output Linear Eagle Aspen LNBF | eBay

36 Inch 90 cm Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish & HD LNBF | eBay

I, personally, would not spend more than 50 bucks for any of those dishes. But if choose between glass and tin dishes I would certainly take the glass one.
If you are not in such a hurry, just look in local Classifieds.... from time to time you can get very good deals there. You can also loudly ask in this forum, maybe some user has something to offer you.

Both dishes are new and well worth the money. If you want a good fixed dish (non motorized), the Chanel Master is a great choice (the LNBF mount should a single and not the wacky 6 degree dual clamp, maybe check with seller if the single clamp is an option). The GSP 90cm dish would be the best choice for motorized and unlike what RimaNTSS suggests, it it well constructed and not made of thin tin, etc. $99 including a PLL LNBF and free shipping is a killer deal!

Reactions: raydio and KE4EST
I, personally, would not spend more than 50 bucks for any of those dishes. But if choose between glass and tin dishes I would certainly take the glass one.
If you are not in such a hurry, just look in local Classifieds.... from time to time you can get very good deals there. You can also loudly ask in this forum, maybe some user has something to offer you.
I checked craigslist, mostly old directv dishes people want 50-100 dollars for. I did find a wild blue internet dish and a weird looking 9 ft square dish. Probably neither of those dishes are for me.

I may be spoiled by availability of second-hand glass Channel masters. :eeek I do not remember I've payed for any of them more than 50-70 EUR (usually less). Do not want to go back to metal dishes at all. That does not mean, you should follow the fiberglass path though.... reception is also possible on metal dishes.
If you do not see deals on local Craigslist today than look tomorrow..... I am pretty sure, if you are patient enough you will get your dream-dish someday. :bday

There is a 2 inch od pole in the ground already. Will either one of those dishes work with that? I have a very limited amount of wife approved space to put dishes so more than likely if that does not work I will need to dig it up and start over.

Reactions: raydio
The GSP dish takes a 1 5/8" diameter pole and the CM takes a 2 3/8". So you will need to change the pole out unless you fine one of the good adapters. The "clip" on adapters or trying to shim the pole will give you nothing but head ache. The good thing is, go to your favorite hardware store and get chain link fence posts! The regular ones are 1 5/8" or 1.6" The corner posts are 2 3/8". :)

I chose the channel master dish. It was a little expensive. 46.00 for the dish and accessories and 114.00 shipping. Did it cost that much to ship it?

This is the wife approved area for dishes. There are already 2 poles in the ground and I might need to move both so I want to get it right this time so I do not have to move them again. Could this be done in buckets so I don't have to move and cut the weed barrier again or is it better to bury. Directv must stay but can be moved around if needed. What would be the most efficient use of space here so there would be room if I decided to add more dishes later if possible.

dish1.jpg
dish2.jpg
dish3.jpg
dish4.jpg
dish5.jpg

Forgot to ask, the dish will be here in a few days. It is a full kit with the eagle aspen lnb. I purchased the 2.38 8ft pole at hd.
Is there anything else I need?
Is the eagle aspen lnb the best for this dish or should I get the invacom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts