Eurovision 2019

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
If you happen to know what it is, the Eurovision singing contest just finished. Very briefly, European Countries send a representative to sing an original song and each Country votes from a panel of experts, they can't vote for their own Country. Then anyone from those Countries vote and the total points win.

I watch every year and have for about 10 years. This year was more interesting than some. Songs were overall good. It was in Israel because they won last year. Presenters who do this all the time were as bad as you can be. The production was not good overall, many "facts" given had to be subtly restated, some never were corrected.
Madonna was the star performer this year. Very mixed results to me. First half of her performance was older songs and she was horrible, off key and sometimes flat. But the second part was from her new album. Strange stuff and stage performance, but yet kept my interest and she sounded much much better. I believe in this part she was singing through a voice synthesizer.
This isn't the pit so I won't go into detail but Madonna was asked by some U.S. singers not to go Israel over their sympathy for Palestine. But Madonna is a long time supporter of Israel and said she would make up her own mind where she performs.

You should be able to watch it on Youtube once the live show is totally over.

If you happen to know what it is, the Eurovision singing contest just finished. Very briefly, European Countries send a representative to sing an original song and each Country votes from a panel of experts, they can't vote for their own Country. Then anyone from those Countries vote and the total points win.

I watch every year and have for about 10 years. This year was more interesting than some. Songs were overall good. It was in Israel because they won last year. Presenters who do this all the time were as bad as you can be. The production was not good overall, many "facts" given had to be subtly restated, some never were corrected.
Madonna was the star performer this year. Very mixed results to me. First half of her performance was older songs and she was horrible, off key and sometimes flat. But the second part was from her new album. Strange stuff and stage performance, but yet kept my interest and she sounded much much better. I believe in this part she was singing through a voice synthesizer.
This isn't the pit so I won't go into detail but Madonna was asked by some U.S. singers not to go Israel over their sympathy for Palestine. But Madonna is a long time supporter of Israel and said she would make up her own mind where she performs.

You should be able to watch it on Youtube once the live show is totally over.

Watched it live on YouTube
It was awesome
I am in Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)