Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
It's that time again (a week earlier than last year for some reason; I'm glad I checked tonight.)

First semifinal is Tuesday the 14th, second semifinal is Thursday the 16th, final round is Saturday the 18th.

If I can go by Google's language translation and my guessing of time zones, live coverage will be on 97W Ku on Belarus TV, RTS (Serbia), LTV (Latvia), and TVRi (Romania) at (I think) 3 PM EDT each day. Delayed coverage will be on 101W Ku on BVN (Netherlands) at 8 PM EDT each day.

In the past, there was also live coverage on TRT (Turkey) and delayed coverage on RTPi (Portugal), but those countries don't appear to be participating in the contest this year for some reason, so I haven't taken the time yet to check whether they're going to broadcast it on their international feeds.

Finally, last year there was a live HD feed of the final round for some embassy party in Washington DC. I haven't found out whether that's happening again.

Thanks for the heads up.

TVRi, LTV, MKTV Sat (Macedonia) are now live (LTV seems to be having a problem though)

Belarus, RTS -- nope... just news casts for now.

I forgot we had a channel from Macedonia :)

I'm looking forward to the replay on BVN, because they're widescreen now and had a decent amount of bandwidth the last time I checked. Some of the Globecast channels are pretty crappy.

Forgot to set my timer! I'll have to catch it on BVN....but I think they're replaying Sunday morning instead of tonight, this time.

Edit: Oh I see, it does come on tonight at 8 on BVN after all *whew*. However, the replay at 8 a.m. Sunday morning is still on as well.

I caught the ending of it live. I had tuned in to TVRi just as Romania was in the middle of their number. It was great facebooking with friends in Europe and making comments about each contestant! I said that Bonnie Tyler sounded a little off key, and a friend in the Netherlands told me, "Romania probably scared her." LOL I'm recording it now on BVN...the "Ode to Sweden" number at the end was over the top!

I did pick he winner as one of my favourites. I was live tweeting on twitter with "friends" in the U.S. and Europe adding to party atmosphere. It seems to be the competition that Europeans love to hate. #Eurovision on twitter was presenting 20 tweets every few seconds. In the end, TVRi Romania on 97W had best quality for the live presentation that I found, but BVN later had best quality overall, and BVN was at the best time for us beginning at 9pm local in Atlantic Canada.

I watched via BBC One this year. They had commentary all through it, and since England never come close to winning they make fun of most everything. I had watched the two semi finals, and also picked Denmark as the probable winner.

How did you receive BBC One? Commentary was in Romanian on my channel but fortunately I could hear the presenter in English under the main commentary. You have to admit, there was some ripe material to make fun of...thinking about the Romanian "opera" singer, in particular. It looked like all were having fun anyway.

I watched via BBC One this year. They had commentary all through it, and since England never come close to winning they make fun of most everything. I had watched the two semi finals, and also picked Denmark as the probable winner.

England could never win, United Kingdom mind you could but won't. Bonnie is not even English she's Welsh.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)