Help With NBC Mux

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Having some trouble with NBC Mux on 103W. Can get Hunnington Beach wil 71% SQ. Nothing on TP 11760 H 30000, TP 11840 H 30000, and TP 11881 H 30000.
No NBC on blind scan either. Using Openbox S9, Winegard 2076. Anybody got any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Gray1

My skew set at 0 and get them fine with a 1.2m dish at 80% plus signal.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Skew is set at 10 RH. Im using one of Satellite AV old Bullet LNB's. That is the only dish that I have that is not in use right now.

Thanks

I could only get the pier cameras with my 30 inch Channel Masters. Think the Q was around 70. (Some generic LNBF, I have no clue as to the brand) But the same LNBF on the 1.2, skewed CW ~25°, from 'normal', gets everything at good strong Quality readings.
Skew is facing the dish face.

A Non PLL LNB for me gets it fine.

Attachments

• 1368674620117.jpg
    1368674620117.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 161
Just as an update. I put a new LNB (Spitfire) on the Winegard. I can now get the NBC Mux. The signal is low but I do have a lock. Around 50 on the 30" dish.

Thanks for the input.
Gray1

Just as an update. I put a new LNB (Spitfire) on the Winegard. I can now get the NBC Mux. The signal is low but I do have a lock. Around 50 on the 30" dish.

Thanks for the input.
Gray1

That's about right for a 30" dish. I have a 1.2m dish, with a SatAV PLL lnb fixed on this sat, and I only get around 74-76%. It's a difficult sat to get and keep the NBC stuff tuned in. I'm pretty sure they also keep their power turned down along with everything else.

That's about right for a 30" dish. I have a 1.2m dish, with a SatAV PLL lnb fixed on this sat, and I only get around 74-76%. It's a difficult sat to get and keep the NBC stuff tuned in. I'm pretty sure they also keep their power turned down along with everything else.

On my 1.2m with HH120 + Invacom SNH-031 Lnb I get about 78%

yup just like you recommend an 8/10ft over my 6ft :)

My 7.5ft SAMI will pick up that NBC mux if I skew the LNBF. My 10ft Winegard on the other hand will lock it without doing that but I do have to bump the dish a few clicks to the East to get it to lock.

Hopefully that 10ft Unimesh I bought the other day will lock it too once I get it up and running in place of that SAMI.

My 7.5ft SAMI will pick up that NBC mux if I skew the LNBF. My 10ft Winegard on the other hand will lock it without doing that but I do have to bump the dish a few clicks to the East to get it to lock.

Hopefully that 10ft Unimesh I bought the other day will lock it too once I get it up and running in place of that SAMI.

Nice then u can sell me that sami 7.5 and ship it to L.A for me .. yea yea yeaaaaa??? :D

Nice then u can sell me that sami 7.5 and ship it to L.A for me .. yea yea yeaaaaa??? :D

Nah, that dish was given to me and I'd like to give it to someone else in return. It's a good dish, just not large enough to get some of those problem feeds is all. It would cost more to ship it to LA than it'd be worth IMHO. I'll just store it here at the house until I find someone that wants to come get it and use it for FTA. Be nice if I could get someone local interested in FTA too that way we could help each other out when needed.

Nah, that dish was given to me and I'd like to give it to someone else in return. It's a good dish, just not large enough to get some of those problem feeds is all. It would cost more to ship it to LA than it'd be worth IMHO. I'll just store it here at the house until I find someone that wants to come get it and use it for FTA. Be nice if I could get someone local interested in FTA too that way we could help each other out when needed.

Haha I kno just been sarcastic. . Shipping kills the deal like most places you buy from online :eek::eek:

Still waiting on Anole to hookup a birdview 8ft

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)