Eutelsat 117 W B Launched

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lost_mesa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
New Mexico
Eutelsat 117 W B was launched by Space X this morning. It will be co-located with Eutelsat 117 W A at 117 degrees west.

Eutelsat 117 W B is a Ku Band only satellite that will provide some coverage into the southern tier of U.S. states. Footprint map is here:

http://www.eutelsat.com/files/contributed/news/media_library/brochures/EUTELSAT_SATELLITE_117WB.pdf

Eutelsat 117 W B uses an ion thrust engine to get to geostationary orbit, so that will take about another 6 months I believe.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the 1st stage landing didn't go so well.

I first saw the Eutelsat 117 W B beacons at 117w around mid December. They now have a transponder lit up:

11480 H 34285 32 channels of encrypted programming and a EPG.

Link to the footprint is in the first post, put basically Mexico and the southern third of the U.S. I think all the transponders in this beam are from
11.45-11.70 GHz. Anything above 11.70 GHz is from Eutelsat 117 W A.

Reactions: iBoston
Eutelsat has announced that Eutelsat 117 West B is officially in service. It offers extended C-band and extended Ku-band transponders and a WAAS payload for the FAA.

There are two C Band transponders between 3400-3700 MHz, apparently each with a bandwidth of 150 MHz. I've never seen a footprint map for them. I'd be surprised if there was ever any video that we could lock, on these two transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts