Ever wondered what the view is like atop a 1500' broadcast TV tower?

Whew ....

One of the disadvantages of providing los VHF/UHF TV service (though it looks to be VHF what with those standard "Batwing" type antenna radiators at the top of the tower) over a flat terrain without mountain tops to place the transmitter on I guess.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I wonder how the drone got up that high, as the maximum heigh drones can go up here in the USA is 400 feet.

I can't take my DJI Phantom 4 up higher than that. It stops itself and wont let me go higher.

I wonder how the drone got up that high, as the maximum heigh drones can go up here in the USA is 400 feet.

I can't take my DJI Phantom 4 up higher than that. It stops itself and wont let me go higher.

I was wondering the same thing; I read through the comments on the video and the author says they consulted with local aviation authorities who said they have clearance for 500' in any direction for drones. By the way, in case anybody was wondering, that tower is the now inactive KDLT-TV analog broadcast antenna near Salem, SD

I wonder how long it takes to climb to the top.

And aren't commercial/professional drones under a different set of rules? I believe mining exploration companies, search and rescue, and movie studios all use drones. Heck, aren't they using drones for high voltage long distance power line inspections, since they're so much cheaper than helicopters?

About 2hrs would be a guess. I've been up the elevator in the old Griffin tower about 25yrs ago as oeta leased space on the tower. It was 1572ft. Some guys got stuck at 900ft on the equipment deck when the elevator broke and it took them just over an hour to climb down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)