Everyone Else But DISH!!!

ReconPJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
Avondale, AZ
Now that AT&T has added the MLB Network joining DirecTV, Cox, Comcast, Time Warner, Cablevision, Charter, and Verizon. When is DISH going to cave in and give this to us? :mad:

If it is ever "on sale" as Charlie thinks it is too expensive (mostly the cost of the required MLB Network), and he is probably right as Dish does not have the deep pockets of all his mega-media competitors who have that kind of money in the pockets of their sofas. This is why Dish's financials are so good and he can afford to buy a company once in a while. If Charlie spent like his competitors, the banks would've owned Dish a long time ago. He wants MLB, but not at the cost of the company. If it won't work out on the spreadsheet, Charlie won't do it. He is very disciplined in that and has never spent beyond his means just because some subs want it, and when one considers how well Dish is doing without MLB (stock price at a 52 week high and increased profits even with slippage in subscriber numbers), it just affirms Charlie is right in saying, "not at that price, MLB."

The best channel on paid TV and the one I watch more than any other channel.

Currently doing 30 in 30 (a preview of all 30 teams, one team each day).

Top 20 games of all time that they show (one game each week) is a must see for any baseball fan

With the quick availability of the Oprah channel, the addition of every concevable shopping channel and the lack of sports channels it would seem that Charlie is not trying to reach the manly man demographic.

With the quick availability of the Oprah channel, the addition of every concevable shopping channel and the lack of sports channels it would seem that Charlie is not trying to reach the manly man demographic.
DISH and sports is like oil and water. It has always been that way.

Scott Greczkowski said:
DISH and sports is like oil and water. It has always been that way.

Maybe it's time that dish rethinks their strategies. It's obviously not working out. The thing I hate is the fact that dish is so hard headed that they won't listen to good customers. Stop blowing people off! There is a very good reason why your loosening subs!

Maybe it's time that dish rethinks their strategies. It's obviously not working out. The thing I hate is the fact that dish is so hard headed that they won't listen to good customers. Stop blowing people off! There is a very good reason why your loosening subs!
They "loosend" me a long time ago to Cox. Dish was once the leader in HD, but now Cox (in OKC) has every channel they do and more.

Every single post here mentions how Charlie doesn't want to put on such a expensive channel and How all the other providers are now offering MLB. Not one mention of what exactly this channel costs on "D" or any other provider. If it was offered by "E" what do you think the price would be?

Last edited:
They "loosend" me a long time ago to Cox. Dish was once the leader in HD, but now Cox (in OKC) has every channel they do and more.

LOL thats what I get for posting on my iphone! Dam auto replacement! "Everywhere but dish" is a common theme in the sports world as every provider out there carry's full time HD RSN's but dish...

As far as pricing.. Directv is cheaper than dish when you factor in DVR fees, ect.

Why do people keep forgetting OWN took over the Discovery Health channel already in existence?? It's not like it was a brand new channel that was added.

I think E* is hesitant to pay high fees that come with carrying sports channels. It's not a question of being anti-man, it's a question of being cheap and being able to market the company as a cheap alternative to the competition. The way to do that is not carry channels like MLB or even MSG asking for alot of money.

If it is ever "on sale" as Charlie thinks it is too expensive (mostly the cost of the required MLB Network), and he is probably right as Dish does not have the deep pockets of all his mega-media competitors who have that kind of money in the pockets of their sofas. This is why Dish's financials are so good and he can afford to buy a company once in a while. If Charlie spent like his competitors, the banks would've owned Dish a long time ago. He wants MLB, but not at the cost of the company. If it won't work out on the spreadsheet, Charlie won't do it. He is very disciplined in that and has never spent beyond his means just because some subs want it, and when one considers how well Dish is doing without MLB (stock price at a 52 week high and increased profits even with slippage in subscriber numbers), it just affirms Charlie is right in saying, "not at that price, MLB."

:coffee

If they add it, I hope it's a la carte somehow, or only in the top tier or a special sports pkg. Why should my bill go up for some high ticket channel I'll never watch?

I know, same old argument. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Somehow the other providers mange to do it. Do they charge more? Sometimes I think Charlie has seen the future and it doesn't speak English; if you lookat all the what seem to me to be overpriced foreign language packages available from DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)