Everyone please visit savemychannels.com ASAP

Chris Walker said:
So it's ok for people who are legally entitled to these channels to be shutoff because a few customers have them that were questionable? I have waivers from all 4 local networks to get NY/LA distants, so why shouldn't I be able to get them? Congress says I can, my locals say I can, but some no-name judge in Florida has the right to say no?
Here is part of the problem.

It isn't that some no-name judge in Florida had the right to say no. The entire judicial bench of the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals said that Dish Network was so badly in violation of the law that CONGRESS says the only remedy is a permanent injunction, which must be issued by the judge from the original suit.

You can blame everyone and anyone, but then you also need to ask Dish Network why they didn't provide any proof of the people with waivers. Because Dish Network did not provide you and everyone else with waivers to the court, you are just as illegal as the people they claimed qualified but actually did not.

So, you can keep blaming everyone else, or you can put the blame at the feet of the corporation that handled this badly from day 1!

After all, when they lost the suit in 2003, all they needed to do was requalify their entire distant network subscriber base. Nope. Dish Network could have settled any time until the Appeals Court ruled in May, 2006. Nope. Fight the good fight, and damn everyone else. Dish Network certainly did.

And even if they didn't requalify their DNS sub base, they could have at least applied the regulations on all new DNS subs for the past 3 years. But they didn't do that either. Even after losing in court.

As much as I dislike the current law on this issue. As I am an 8+ year sub to E*. As much as I sympathize with the subs getting screwed on this. It is hard to side with Charlie on this one. E* may lose 100,000+ customers on this one, but that's the price they are going to have to pay.

105 sits pretty much empty.

Maybe Superdish 105 will make a comeback for people who get the distnat locals cut off.

There should be enough room on 105 to get the rest of the DMAs up.

Well, it doesn't make sense to me, but my distants are gone (PA resident), yet CBSHD remains. We'll see if it stays that way - logically it should be gone now as well, since I'm no longer eligible to receive it. Let's hope that nobody from my local CBS affiliate figures this out...