Everyone please visit savemychannels.com ASAP

Chris Walker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2004
The website is back up and channel 240 has been updated. Everyone please go to savemychannels.com and fill out the form letter to inform your local congress and senate members about the threat of the distant network shutoff. Even if you don't recieve distant networks, this injunction affects distant HD and significantly viewed as well so most everyone will be impacted one way or the other.

You can also call 202-224-3121 and leave a message with your local representatives. Thanks to everyone who helps!

Got it on the homepage. :)

Funny to see Jim Defranco doing the role of Charlie.

That leads me to wonder where is Charlie?

I wonder the same thing. They just updated this apparently because it was still the "Local Channels Preview" loop this afternoon now it's a 10 minute video telling you how to use a telephone and the internet.

Thanks, my family just sent one and I am e-mailing all my friends with Dish and will ask my neighbors to visit the site as well. I'll also post this to all the satellite forums I am aware of and the Dish newsgroup.

Added to the scroll at the top of the page, in addition I am seeking permission to server the Defranco Video here since a majority of our members access the site from work, it may push them into taking action. :)

I just saw the video...weird as my 811 is being flaky again (huh, imagine that) and after doing a reboot channel 240 came up...now its gone after flipping channels

(I dont have distants)

I sent letters to the Colorado delegation, but I pretty much rewrote the entire letter; since I do not receive distants; (although from my "service" address I could) I tried to frame it as a broader issue to 1) stop giving unfair protections to network affiliates. I can buy HBO access; I should be able to buy Los Angeles or New York affiliate access no matter where I am; and 2) to point out how Dish settled with all but the FOX O&O stations; and the fact that Murdoch owns FOX and D*.

I know its largely irrelevant, given who controls Congress right now, but it felt good.

The website is back up and channel 240 has been updated. Everyone please go to savemychannels.com and fill out the form letter to inform your local congress and senate members about the threat of the distant network shutoff. Even if you don't recieve distant networks, this injunction affects distant HD and significantly viewed as well so most everyone will be impacted one way or the other.

You can also call 202-224-3121 and leave a message with your local representatives. Thanks to everyone who helps!

How does it impact "Distant HD??" E* doesn't provide HD feeds of the DNS, except for the separate contract with CBS for the LA and NY affiliates.. And that is a contract that they have with CBS; and is only available in O&O DMAs....

My Distants are gone

I have had LA and Denver CBS and Fox for about 6 months. Tonight when I turned on my receiver they are all gone. Not a word or letter from Dish, I guess they are starting earlier than 12/1.

How does it impact "Distant HD??" E* doesn't provide HD feeds of the DNS, except for the separate contract with CBS for the LA and NY affiliates.. And that is a contract that they have with CBS; and is only available in O&O DMAs....

No out of market network channels will be allowed. CBS HD is gone December 1st unless legislation happens or the courts hear Dish's appeal. Doesn't matter if the contract is seperate, this injunction knocks out SD distants, HD distants, and significantly viewed. People have got to flood their representatives.

I have had LA and Denver CBS and Fox for about 6 months. Tonight when I turned on my receiver they are all gone. Not a word or letter from Dish, I guess they are starting earlier than 12/1.

Someone at dbstalk reported that Dish shut off their LA distants tonight. I thought it was a fluke at first, but I guess not. Dish shouldn't be doing anything until 12/1.

I talked to someone at Dish about an hour and a half ago.

NO ONE IS BEING SHUT OFF at this moment. They are going to try riding this out and seeing where it goes.

I talked to someone at Dish about an hour and a half ago.

NO ONE IS BEING SHUT OFF at this moment. They are going to try riding this out and seeing where it goes.

Did you get the impression they were hopeful something would change? I hope Dish isn't expecting us to do everything and they are doing as much as they possibly can themselves.

No out of market network channels will be allowed. CBS HD is gone December 1st unless legislation happens or the courts hear Dish's appeal. Doesn't matter if the contract is seperate, this injunction knocks out SD distants, HD distants, and significantly viewed. People have got to flood their representatives.

Well that sucks.

It would seem to me that E* should be able to fight the shut off of the CBS HD distants; given the nature of the contract. Of course, its small potatoes compared to the big issue.

I have written to my congressional delegation; but with an election next week, and then a lame-duck session afterwards, I don't have a lot of hope that Congress will do anything before December 1.

If anything I think Dish waited way too long before launching this campaign; it should have begun months ago.

If anything I think Dish waited way too long before launching this campaign; it should have begun months ago.

I blame the Florida court for not issuing the injunction immediately instead of dragging their feet and purposely IMO making the start date after the elections. It would have been preferable if the injunction was set to go into effect tomorrow (Nov 1) instead because 7 days before an election people would be feeling the heat. We'll see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)