Going Back To Dish Can I Skip The Visit?

mpg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2007
Have current hardware in place on roof dialed in perfectly would only need a hopper. If I was to restart service could they just send the receiver for me to install? With COVID still bouncing around and elderly in the house would prefer to not have visitors.

Thanks!

Have current hardware in place on roof dialed in perfectly would only need a hopper. If I was to restart service could they just send the receiver for me to install? With COVID still bouncing around and elderly in the house would prefer to not have visitors.

Thanks!
That is certainly an option, although you would likely have to purchase the Hopper. Also, without the two-year lease and the required technician visit, you would have to pay full price for your programming package, at least at first. (After you sign up, you may be able to call to get the Preferred Customer Offer, with a two-year price lock and commitment.) The purchased Hopper may have to come from another source, rather than being able to purchase one directly from Dish. (Purchased equipment is generally cheaper if you purchase it elsewhere, rather than pay the price that Dish charges, anyway.)

Someone had a Hopper 3 listed for sale in the Classifieds section here awhile back, so that may be one place to look, if you are interested.

Reactions: mpg and medvyed
To elaborate a little on crodrules' excellent comments, we don't know what receiver you had before, nor whether you want a Hopper 3 now. The 3 needs a hybrid LNB. I think that is an easy swap if you already have your dish aligned and you can get to it. Otherwise, you would need a DPH42 switch.

To elaborate a little on crodrules' excellent comments, we don't know what receiver you had before, nor whether you want a Hopper 3 now. The 3 needs a hybrid LNB. I think that is an easy swap if you already have your dish aligned and you can get to it. Otherwise, you would need a DPH42 switch.
Previously had a Hopper 3. I have the proper LNB all the wiring is still in place too. :) Plug and play other than waiting for the first round of downloads. :) Thanks for both of the responses.

Dish does not charge for New installs, plus as previously stated, you will get new customer pricing with two year commitment, which in itself is a great deal. The Techs do wear masks.

Although to be fair, the literal words are correct. The bill you will receive is for equipment, and varies based on equipment chosen. The line item charge for "installation" will be zero, but the installation bill will not.

Reactions: pattykay
Placed order, got all the newbie stuff paid $50 for H3 upgrade. They said tech will drop receiver and hang out if I wanted to do final connect due to covid. That works we’ll see if that’s the case!

While streaming is ok I rather go dish route should have never left as I really didn’t save anything with all these microcharges from streaming. Thanks again all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: scoob83
Mentioning COVID constitutes talking politics? :imconfused (I get the feeling there were some deleted posts that led to this notice, but if so, we obviously can no longer see what those said.)
Well used to be Pub members could see that a post was removed. Maybe that is not the case any longer. You still can't read it, but you could see that something was removed.
Nothing to do with mentioning COVID.

Reactions: TheKrell
Well used to be Pub members could see that a post was removed. Maybe that is not the case any longer. You still can't read it, but you could see that something was removed.
I definitely do not see any missing posts, nor any gap in the post numbering. This is the second time lately I have brought this up. The last time, it was mentioned that it may display differently in different browsers. I am using Firefox, if that matters. I seem to remember quite awhile back it was explained that moderators could see the missing posts, but regular members cannot. If that is supposed to be a perk of Pub Membership, then I would definitely like to see it return, just in order to help avoid confusion in these cases.
Nothing to do with mentioning COVID.
Thanks for clarifying. :)

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
I definitely do not see any missing posts, nor any gap in the post numbering.
Me neither. Remaining posts are renumbered to hide the fact that others were deleted.

That reminds me. I've been making posts of late, rethinking them, and deleting them without adding a comment why. Are they still visible to mods making me look like an idiot? :crying

• Haha
Reactions: Ronnie-
Me neither. Remaining posts are renumbered to hide the fact that others were deleted.
See, that is the entire problem. If the moderators are going to do that (or if the system is automatically going to do that) then just delete them without comment, instead of drawing attention to it. In this case, the moderator left a warning against discussing politics, even though there was nothing political in the remaining posts leading up to that point. Either leave a tiny, edited snippet of the problematic post, so we have some clue what the heck the moderators are talking about, or simply delete all of the offending posts without comment whatsoever. Either way would be better than a potentially confusing warning without context.

Yeah, I know: This is not the thread for discussing the forum rules nor for discussing what happens to posts after they get deleted. Sorry to take us down this rabbit hole, but things like this just irk me.

See, that is the entire problem. If the moderators are going to do that (or if the system is automatically going to do that) then just delete them without comment, instead of drawing attention to it. In this case, the moderator left a warning against discussing politics, even though there was nothing political in the remaining posts leading up to that point. Either leave a tiny, edited snippet of the problematic post, so we have some clue what the heck the moderators are talking about, or simply delete all of the offending posts without comment whatsoever. Either way would be better than a potentially confusing warning without context.

Yeah, I know: This is not the thread for discussing the forum rules nor for discussing what happens to posts after they get deleted. Sorry to take us down this rabbit hole, but things like this just irk me.
or simply delete the post and warn the group that political discussion is not allowed in the thread as was done. Anyone who has issue with that can start their own website and make their own rules. :)

Maybe just note that "'n' posts deleted. Political posts are not allowed."

Reactions: pattykay
or simply delete the post and warn the group that political discussion is not allowed in the thread as was done. Anyone who has issue with that can start their own website and make their own rules. :)
I have no problem with the rule. My entire point is that the warning comes off as being unnecessary, since there is nothing in the remaining posts that would trigger a political discussion. It would be as if the moderators simply decide to post in threads at random to remind us of the rules, even though all indications are that no rules have been broken in that thread. Like I said, it is confusing.

I do not expect to actually change the way these situations are handled on this site. I am simply airing a grievance about something that annoys me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)