ex-Penn State coach Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you can say is wow.

The sad thing is, whatever the actual truth is, this becomes a part of JoPa's otherwise pure biography.

I think they may clear him out now.

SamCdbs said:
All you can say is wow.

The sad thing is, whatever the actual truth is, this becomes a part of JoPa's otherwise pure biography.

I think they may clear him out now.

The question will always be, how much did Paterno knew.

salsadancer7 said:
The question will always be, how much did Paterno knew.

Joe was told by a student who witnessed it. Yeah he reported it but he never followed up on it. He gave Sandusky a office after he did this.

IMO Joe is as guilty as Curely. Maybe not legally but definitely morally.

This is sick....
He shoul not have gotten bail.
There is no room for people like that in this world...

cybok0 said:
Joe was told by a student who witnessed it. Yeah he reported it but he never followed up on it. He gave Sandusky a office after he did this.

IMO Joe is as guilty as Curely. Maybe not legally but definitely morally.

I agree 100%. He basically did what the vatican does when they catch a priest molesting an alter boy. Just give the offender a desk job somewhere else.

So, Joe Pa knew about it and didn't report it to the Penn State COMPLIANCE dept ?

Isn't this where Tressel lost his job over ?

No, he DID report it. That's why the AD is in deep doodoo.

Is/was Curly, the PSU Compliance person (one of ), or something else ?

As far as the NCAA goes, the Compliance office has to be informed and then they inform the NCAA.

While this has nothing to do with the football being played, Tressels also had nothing to do with the game being played.

That sure was all put under the rug back in the day .....

Way to go St. Joe.

All in all, this is a TERRIBLE scandal, and if true, definitely tarnishes the shine on Penn States program and JoePa's legacy.

Tattoo's, cash, and memorabilia, agent payments, etc., don't come close to this mess.

All in all, this is a TERRIBLE scandal, and if true, definitely tarnishes the shine on Penn States program and JoePa's legacy.

Tattoo's, cash, and memorabilia, agent payments, etc., don't come close to this mess.

And the NCAA hasn't even given OSU's official punishment yet .... OSU would have been better off to not suspend thier players and wait for the NCAA to, thus allowing them to play the season, seeing the NCAA is dragging thier feet so they can stretch out the OSU mess as long as they can. It's been 9 months now.

This story goes into more detail of what he is accused of.

Three charged in Penn State sex crime case - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

The article you referenced said, "Yesterday, the Penn State Creamery pulled an ice cream flavor named after Sandusky." Believe it or not, they made a Banana flavored Jerry Sandusky ice cream. Yuck! I find it hard to believe officials at Penn State weren't aware of Jerry's perversions when they peddled Jerry Sandusky's banana to children. :(

Anyway, if the allegations are true let's hope Jerry Sandusky is given several years of "electroshock" therapy!!!

Jimbo said:
Is/was Curly, the PSU Compliance person (one of ), or something else ?

As far as the NCAA goes, the Compliance office has to be informed and then they inform the NCAA.

While this has nothing to do with the football being played, Tressels also had nothing to do with the game being played.

That sure was all put under the rug back in the day .....

Way to go St. Joe.

I don't think this has anything to do with compliance.

It boggles my mind that there were so many instances that were witnessed and reported dating back to 1998 and that nothing was ever done.unbelievable and sick.

Jimbo said:
And the NCAA hasn't even given OSU's official punishment yet .... OSU would have been better off to not suspend thier players and wait for the NCAA to, thus allowing them to play the season, seeing the NCAA is dragging thier feet so they can stretch out the OSU mess as long as they can. It's been 9 months now.

This thread isn't about OSU and their problems it's about Penn State and IMO Joe should be gone because of it.

Hey, it's a violation, it's GOT to be reported to the Compliance Dept regardless according to what happened with the Buckeyes.
It's not an NCAA violation, it's a friggin crime. That's why there are indictments and arrests by law enforcement.

I don't know why you are trying to equate this case with OSU..... :confused: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)