ex-Penn State coach Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have every right to defend the school from a flawed investigation and no due process and if you don't like it why don't you stay away

cfunk said:
They have every right to defend the school from a flawed investigation and no due process and if you don't like it why don't you stay away

Perfect example of what's wrong with the Penn State football culture. Excuse after excuse for Paterno and the program. The more I hear the more I think the death penalty should of been applied.

The university ACCEPTED the penalty, which is akin to pleading guilty - and there are no appeals when you plead guilty. Derwin is correct - the family looks like they are hiding something. And the investigation was overseen by a federal judge.

I don't think the Paterno family is hiding anything or defending a pedophile, I think they are just trying to save JoePa's legacy. Right or wrong, that's what I think they re doing.

yaz96 said:
I don't think the Paterno family is hiding anything or defending a pedophile, I think they are just trying to save JoePa's legacy. Right or wrong, that's what I think they re doing.

He protected a pedophile, his wife and sons were close enough to the program to know what Sandusky was, also.

He protected a pedophile, his wife and sons were close enough to the program to know what Sandusky was, also.

Come on, there is no way to know what they knew or didn't know.

I agree that they should let it go, but I understand them wanting to protect a family members memory. Most of us would most likely do the same.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

To be clear, I am NOT defending the staff from Penn State that were involved, or anyone else that knew and did nothing.

who cares... its over and done - tired of reading about it in anything to do with football!

Sick of ESPN's coverage and any other channel of it - done and over with.

guys please keep it civil if you want this thread to remain open. if you have nothing else to say on this subject then please move along. thanks everyone.

Rey said:
guys please keep it civil if you want this thread to remain open. if you have nothing else to say on this subject then please move along. thanks everyone.

If you're going to keep DVR's insensitive drivel, maybe it should be closed.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

it may be insensitive, you and i may not like it, but i don't think he's breaking any of the site's rules. having said that i will be keeping an eye on this thread.

I happen to agree with my Hokie friend...Sandusky is a scumbag who should rightfully rot behind bars...or worse. I don't think anyone feels differently. The legal system worked like it should. But I also agree this issue has nothing to do with college football, it has nothing to do with the Penn State program and, based on the Grand Jury recommending to not file charges, it had nothing to do with Joe Paterno. Hopefully a judge will reverse the NCAA's mob mentality of stripping Paterno of his hard-earned wins as coach. Likewise, if any "School Administrator" concealed knowledge of Sandusky's behavior because it would bring shame and embarrassment upon the University (and as a byproduct possibly shed a negative light on their athletic programs), then by all means prosecute these individuals.

I see absolutely nothing insensitive about dvr's post. Just because you don't like the conduct of one or perhaps a few individuals that is no reason to condemn the many fine, upstanding individuals at Penn State who did absolutely nothing wrong. That would be called injustice...that's what I consider to be insensitive...and that's where I draw the line. A lot of people are tired of seeing of this criminal matter dragged onto the sports pages. ;)

Just my two logical, linear-thinking, two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts